Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 06:01:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNEBULA - space shooter
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: NEBULA - space shooter  (Read 3871 times)
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2023, 03:59:49 PM »

Good luck Beer!! Actually, YouTube just recommended a Splattercatgaming video with a very familiar looking thumbnail. He's a much better player than I am.

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2023, 12:23:24 AM »

Thanks,  I am also looking forward for the next week release. All those years of learning and last few months of development. Finally might bring some fruits :D

JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2023, 07:12:21 AM »

A piece of information nine months after releasing NEBULA to the world.

Reviews

At the moment i have 99 reviews very positive. I think that for a first  solo project it is quite good.

Financial results

Around $13.5k "net" - this ill be reduced by 30% steam cut and taxes. Nothing impressive but still nice result in my opinion. It keeps me going for the next title.

Wishlist

This is staying on around 4.5k with a 26% conversion rate.

Sales by country

I have only one language in the game therefore it was to be expected that US will be overwhelming leading compare to other countries.

What Next?

I am working on the next title Tiny Breakers Camp, hopefully to be release early next year. I really enjoy gamedev and want to continue it. If you want to help me and support this effort you can wishlist my next game and be there on release date.

Link to TBC - https://store.steampowered.com/app/2619900/Tiny_Breakers_Camp/

ashpdewan
Level 0

Platformer Lover

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2023, 11:54:33 AM »

Oh wow, congratulations Beer!! This is a great result for a first solo project! Have you promoted your game somewhere?
JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2023, 10:31:21 PM »

Hi, I have been promoting on any social media I know, plus i send hundreds of email to content creators. Some of those were really very helpful but majority never was answered. But I guess that is a standard in this business.

ashpdewan
Level 0

Platformer Lover

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2023, 12:03:47 AM »

Yeah, unfortunately that happens all the time. I remember sending emails to almost a hundred reviewers and let's players and in the end I got like 6 responses, 4 of which were rejections. Marketing the game is always such a headache.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2023, 06:25:29 AM »

I can give a little bit of the let's player's perspective on this. I get a lot of e-mails from people asking me to play their games, and the majority have been impersonal press release type things with games that really don't fit my style at all. If I'm going to publicly lend my voice to a game, that's not a commitment I'm going to make on a whim at the request of someone I've never heard from before.

The best way to get me interested would be to have some back-and-forth communication beforehand to establish a relationship. A lot of the e-mails I get contain a line like "I've been a fan of yours for a while", and unfortunately that doesn't really do the job - I need to recognize your name as someone I've interacted with before.

JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2023, 07:06:14 AM »

I can give a little bit of the let's player's perspective on this. I get a lot of e-mails from people asking me to play their games, and the majority have been impersonal press release type things with games that really don't fit my style at all. If I'm going to publicly lend my voice to a game, that's not a commitment I'm going to make on a whim at the request of someone I've never heard from before.

The best way to get me interested would be to have some back-and-forth communication beforehand to establish a relationship. A lot of the e-mails I get contain a line like "I've been a fan of yours for a while", and unfortunately that doesn't really do the job - I need to recognize your name as someone I've interacted with before.

Fair point. Discord is a good place for this kind of connections.
I have reached, in direct exchange to some Steam Deck users and they were super happy to cover the game. It has actually give Nebula significant boost when the game get a "verified" mark

JuTek
Level 0

JuTek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2023, 09:00:47 AM »

Wow!  Shocked
This was beyond my expectation. Hardcoregamer has featured Nebula in the article related to Steam Bullet Heaven Fest.

But what is the best is that Nebula is just next to the titles like Brotato, VS, and 20mtd... this is super cool !

Link here - https://hardcoregamer.com/features/articles/opinion/steam-bullet-heaven-fest-kicks-off-with-firepower-overload/477614/

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic