Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411600 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 11:14:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPhantasmal
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Phantasmal  (Read 15176 times)
QXD-me
Level 0

Give me but a modicum of anything

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 02:43:12 PM »

I like the art style, it intrigues me.

p.s. shmup is short for shoot 'em up isn't it (sorry, I'm not down with the kid's lingo these days).
increpare
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 02:51:49 PM »

there's a part of me that would really like to see this worked with some more 'realistic'/textured texturing.

anyway, yep. 

what're you using to model the environments?
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 03:06:34 PM »

looks awesome so far! also: shadows + ambient over all.

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
SophieH
Level 0

(\^3^)/ Q(>.<Q)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 04:29:20 AM »

Quote from: forum guilt trip
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Ok, after a break of faaar too long (I last touched this project properly before starting work on BOXGAME omg  Shocked) work has resumed!

or to be more precise, it has kind of started over. I'm recycling bits that are good, but the game underneath everything before just wasnt fun, but the new rebuild seems to be pretty entertaining.

the biggest step was in deciding to give Hyades a weapon:

also, I'll be re-attacking the art style of the game, since my 3D 'skillz' levelled up a few times, and I can work much faster using art programs other than mspaint (I know it's less indie but meh, I'm living with my parents now so my indie points went up anyway).

oh, and I got bored and made a detail model of the weapon (you can accuse me of losing focus, but I'm forcing to work on just one game right now, thats more focus than I can usually manage Tongue)

Today I'm actually working on a combo system that can easily have different attacks dropped into parts of the combo tree, but it's kinda hard to show that in screens lol.

anyhoo, progress!

also the images in older posts moved since my gallery crashed, I've updated the posts so you can see them again but of course quotes show the broken links, but you arent missing anything Smiley

Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 04:43:40 AM »

Glad to see this going again! Good luck with it! :D

twitter: @docky
SophieH
Level 0

(\^3^)/ Q(>.<Q)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 06:23:02 AM »

put in some floaty platforms to test the camera and platforming (and because floaty platforms are awesome):

you can see a video of my jumping about on them

today I'm working on enemy behaviour, at the moment its just 'if it's noticed the player, follow her' but that on it's own with these rough (and very badly animated) enimies is the funniest looking thing I've ever done:

I'll maybe record a video just because they look so stupid chasing after me (and right now they really are stupid, yay for having an intimate knowledge of their thinking!)

increpare
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2010, 07:10:48 AM »

Good to hear you're back to work on this : )
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2010, 07:55:44 AM »

looks great, watching!

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2010, 09:23:38 AM »

Holy balls your site is slow for some reason,
it took half an hour for the screen shots to load. Noir
SophieH
Level 0

(\^3^)/ Q(>.<Q)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 10:45:06 AM »

yeah, it's been iffy for a week or so now, for the time being I'll upload pics to imageshack instead Smiley

speaking of which...

I know it's ugly but it's just a sketch ^_^;

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2010, 10:52:20 AM »

yeah, it's been iffy for a week or so now, for the time being I'll upload pics to imageshack instead Smiley

speaking of which...

I know it's ugly but it's just a sketch ^_^;
Aw that's too bad, I wanted to see what all this hoohaw was about. lol

Windmill land there looks win though :B
SophieH
Level 0

(\^3^)/ Q(>.<Q)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »

well biggest (but least interesting) updates today are a new logo and website for the game.

but also exceptionally significant is that after asking around I found a script to export objects from a unity scene to a .obj file so I can use unity as my level editor, and take all the platforms and stuff and make a sheet from it and build level meshes from that in my 3D app (which is blender btw). this is really good news (for me anyway) as it's fast and easy to make a fun level in unity but its a pain to make a fun level from scratch in blender (I get scale wrong all the time) but this solves that problem :D
it also means I could build the whole game from primatives before I make any of the environments!

just tested the obj exporter and baked a nice little AO map of the level in blender Smiley

edit: oh yeah, also I recently upped the FOV, I feel a wide view makes for a more 'epic' feel, and it makes it easier to see platforms and stuff if the camera isnt looking right at them too.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 03:57:41 PM by GirlFlash » Logged

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 03:54:09 PM »

Nice!  The game is looking quite awesome and I'm glad to see it's coming along.   Beer!

knight
Level 3

aka dude4k

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2010, 06:14:08 PM »

cool game could you release a demo?
btw Do you use unity pro or unity indie?
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 09:32:04 PM »

I see you've got some crazy ninja physics going on there. Awesome! Ninja
edit: oh yeah, also I recently upped the FOV, I feel a wide view makes for a more 'epic' feel, and it makes it easier to see platforms and stuff if the camera isnt looking right at them too.
Don't make it *too* epic or it won't get finished! But camera tricks are good, especially if they make jumping easier.
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2010, 10:17:24 PM »

That looks pretty rad now that I can see it.  Wink
SophieH
Level 0

(\^3^)/ Q(>.<Q)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2010, 10:31:23 PM »

cool game could you release a demo?
btw Do you use unity pro or unity indie?

I'll totally release a demo once I've finished enough of the game, partly because of the scale it's going to take me a while and I dont want to release the game and have everyone be like 'but I played the demo ages ago, I'm over this thing now', partly because I want the demo to show off what the game can do and maybe give people between 1/5 or 1/3 of the full thing.

I quite like the idea of selling pre-orders and releasing the latest builds to supporters, so I might look into that a little further along the line Smiley

oh, I'll probably release realtime non-interactive demos along the way though, but that's more to show off graphics and animations, and at the moment they suck lol.

as for unity, I'm uning vanilla free unity, I can't afford to spend much on development (I could only just afford unity indie when I bought it but it was worth it).

Don't make it *too* epic or it won't get finished!

too epic? there's no such thing! =p

lol, but I totally agree, I can't afford to spend forever on this project, I'm trying to overestimate my abilities by only a little Smiley

edit: just figured I'd dupe the level a few times and see what it was like, it was like AWESOME!

also as you can see by the mess on the floor, enemies can die now Smiley

edit2: aaaand another (I cant help myself Grin):
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 03:51:26 AM by GirlFlash » Logged

SophieH
Level 0

(\^3^)/ Q(>.<Q)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2010, 02:13:02 PM »

ok, heres another recording, where my computer lagged whilst filming, and whilst getting the video from the camera too. I am starting to think this shows up my PC more than it shows off the game Sad

if you can put on optimistic glasses, and pretend you are squinting whilst watching the video you might be able to see the game how I do and fall in love, but that's very unlikely. I guess I'd best just quit with the video and once I've finished all the base gameplay I can work on making more pretty things to show off in screens.

jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2010, 02:25:04 PM »

I like the look so far. A lot  Kiss
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2010, 02:42:58 PM »

Kiss

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4