Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:45:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkLooking for a Pixel Character Artist and Animator for an action RPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for a Pixel Character Artist and Animator for an action RPG  (Read 3832 times)
dustinaux
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 02, 2022, 10:14:31 AM »

Edit: no longer looking

Hello, I'm Dustin, a full-time indie gamedev since 2014! I'm looking for some talented pixel artists to join an extremely unique action RPG in development.

The Game:
Currently untitled, this is an action RPG with gameplay similar to the Mana series and with a modernized alchemy system similar to Secret of Evermore. The player controls a single character while others in your party fight using configurable AI. Party members can be switched out according to player preference when available in the story. The game story is heavily character-focused and the player community will play a crucial role in the development of the game, with their suggestions helping to shape the world.

It will be released on PC only for Steam Early Access, with a very rough release goal of Q4 this year, 2022, with more development continuing for a year of Early Access.

What I'm looking for:
Mainly main character animations, NPC animations, and monster animations. There are several playable characters, and each need multiple animations like walking, running, pushing, jumping, attacking with different weapons, opening chests, casting spells, dodge rolling, and more, each of which need 3 directions - up, down and right. (for left I just flip right in-game and accept the ambidexterity of characters).

Bonus if you can do environment tilesets or UI although those are not as top priority right now. Remote work is fine, we will use discord for most communication. There are multiple artists working on this game. We will all use the same palette and have a general guide to keep art styles similar where possible but I value reliability and a quick and smooth development experience over tediously requiring every piece of art to flawlessly fit together stylistically. This will become more important after the game is released for Early Access and the player community begins to play a larger role in shaping the world.

For the next several months development time is pretty flexible where you can work on your own schedule, with a reasonable turn-around time of a week or two. I'm looking for part-time work but I would prefer you to be able to commit at least 10 hours a week.

Here's a few gifs of the game - I'm looking for some matching style and talent for more sprite animations.

You can read a bit more about the game on my dev log here.

The tile size is 20x20 - a bit of an odd choice I know but this allows for some extra details on characters and objects than 16x16 while still staying small enough where art creation time is kept reasonable.

Payment:
I can do an agreed upon price per piece or $20-$30 USD per hour depending on skill and creation speed. Paypal is fine with me, and I'm open to other options as well.

Legal Stuff:
I am purchasing a license to use your art in the game and any materials relating to the game like marketing. You retain the rights to your own work.

About myself:
My most successful game has been a roguelite called The Enchanted Cave 2, and I've also released a jetpack-based platformer called Jetscout. In both games I did all of the pixel art myself, so you'll be working with someone very familiar with the pixel art process. For small edits and color swaps I'll just handle those myself so most of your work will be new characters and animations. Although I did everything in Jetscout including Programming, Art, and Music, for this project I am focusing only on design and programming and relying on artists for the majority of art and music.

If you're interested, please send your portfolio to [email protected]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 02:52:33 PM by dustinaux » Logged

Come see what I'm working on!

NicoleCIs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 03:22:38 AM »

Hello,

Hope you are doing safe!

I am more than comfortable to assist you with your requirement from scratch.
Feel free to reach me out at my Skype me: nicole_15269 and also you can mail me at [email protected]

Nicole
“CIS” (CMMI 5 compliant)
T: +14074139057
Skype me: nicole_15269
[email protected]
Perski
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 12:58:46 PM »

Hiho!

I'm Pixel Artist with 15 years of experience in gamdev. More about me you can find here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/artperski/ and here: https://www.behance.net/perski3334279

Feel free to write/ask me anytime Smiley

Liaton Tran
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2022, 09:50:08 AM »

Hi Dustin,

I am from Golden Sea Studio, located in Vietnam.

Currently we have been delivered a certain number of projects to Clients within Vietnam and southeast-asia area with very competitive prices and quality products/ projects. You can find more information about us on the website https://goldenseastudio.com/

We're looking for long-term oversea partners to expand our business.

If you're interested. We're very pleased to have an introduction meeting to know more about us.

For more information/ proposal/ quotation, you can contact me via email [email protected] or telegram/ whatsapp number" +84 369034007.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic