Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:13:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSoul Runner horror maze runner
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Soul Runner horror maze runner  (Read 1242 times)
DanielGames
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2022, 03:11:43 PM »

Soul Runner is a horror maze runner where the walls change as you play i got the idea from the ashtray maze in control but with horror in first person

Change log

- Added more changing walls

- Fixed small texturing/missing face bug

- Fixed bug with reset game loading the main menu

- Improved AI wondering system

- Changed AI speed to match player better

Right now level one the demo map is about 60-70% done and my 3D modeller is working on a new mesh for the soul fragments and enemies and i am making the video devlog after i post this

The game is at https://danielgamestudios.itch.io/soul-runner

I am on twitter at @DanielGames_O

My YouTube is at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbM-4x_peNdBLstV6tKdeYw

my website is at https://www.danielgamestudios.com

you can email me at [email protected]

Thanks for looking at my game
DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 02:35:01 PM »

Unfortunately the PC that I have right now can't run Unreal. Facepalm Sounds like an interesting idea though! Grin
DanielGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 11:33:47 AM »

Unfortunately the PC that I have right now can't run Unreal. Facepalm Sounds like an interesting idea though! Grin

what doesn't work if it is a vulkan thing the download page has instructions for running with DX11
beambreath
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 04:55:37 AM »

Hi,

I tried your game and there's definitely some ideas in it. It reminds me the backrooms thing.
Changing walls clearly add to the sensation of being lost.

I know it would be more work but animating the walls when they change (like in Control, Ashtray Maze) would add immersion.
Same for the creature chasing you. Adding sound to it, will make you feel you're not alone and that something is lurking in the maze. It would add an oppressive atmosphere, stress the player and force him to be careful. Because when playing, I was running everywhere without really taking into account the creature and stumbled on it completely randomly. When seeing it and trying to run away from it, I didn't felt the creature was chasing me even if it was.
You could maybe take some inspiration from Kane Pixels videos on youtube.

Note:
I had a bug with the mouse not working when entering the game (not in the main menu). I couldn't look around at all. I had to pause then unpause the game for the mouse to work again.

Good luck  Smiley
DanielGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 05:49:52 AM »

@beambreath Thanks for the bug report and for the ideas I am planing on adding sounds for the enemy and possibly making an animation for the changing walls I will have to look into the cause of the mouse bug
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic