Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:03:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingUnidentified 1942 - Updated test for review
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unidentified 1942 - Updated test for review  (Read 750 times)
hapsi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 18, 2022, 08:29:14 PM »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLOSED   CLOSED   CLOSED   CLOSED   CLOSED   CLOSED   CLOSED   CLOSED   CLOSED
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of work has been done since the last test run. So give me some advice, i can take the bad news too. A lot of bugs and fucked up things are now fixed, try to enjoy, that's kind of the purpose of every game.

https://easyupload.io/x61b7l Doesn't work. Why?
https://www.sendspace.com/file/h9a4vx Works, but some issues, use this.

Numpad 0 is the god mode if you get too frustrated.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 04:19:54 AM by hapsi » Logged
flowerthief
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 11:50:41 AM »

This is a quality game. Somebody should playtest this. The reason I didn't try it for long is that I find playing an action game with the keyboard intolerable (gamepad support should be built-in imo), but I can tell that a lot of work went into this.
hapsi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 11:57:12 AM »

There is a possibility to add on that, but i never get people who plays games like this or fps-games with a pad. Just not natural to me, but it's easy to add.
slicksk8te
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 07:49:33 PM »

I played through the tutorial and first level and overall I like the game and it is pretty fun. Below are some comments I put together:

• Windowed mode is borderless. I was expecting it to be a full window so I could move it around.
  • On my system, the game required upgraded privleges to run for some reason.
  • Going to tutorial has no way to go back to the main menu but instead has an exit button. It is probably better to allow the user to go back to the main menu.
  • It would be nice to get a visual indicator when reloading on the cursor so that the player can gauge the progress of a reload.
  • The crosshair is a bit to large for me. It seems to take up to much space when I am in a fire fight.
  • Alt-tabbing can cause the camera to go in the direction of the mouse cursor while out of the window. When alt-tabbing back in, the camera is really far away from the player and will eventually reset. I just start spamming keys until it does.
  • In the second part of the tutorial, there is an invisible wall south that prevents the player from going in that direction. A possible better way to gate the player from running into it is to put some visual indication that the are is supposed to go there later. I ran into it because I was going towards the blue icons that give information to the player and it seemed like the right way to go.
  • When picking up weapons and ammo, it would be nice to have some text or something showing what I picked up.
  • I was able to drive the tank north in the tutorial and get it stuck in the building with the sergeant. I like that the buildings are destructable but I think that the tank in the tutorial should not be able to go mess up the base in the center.
  • There does not seem to be a way to exit the tutorial before the tab menu is enabled.
  • The "abilities" should be mapped to either an in-game ui or the keys 1-3 so that the flow is not broken while in battle by pressing tab and getting a pause like menu.
  • The information box seems to be a little bit big because it obscures the vision of the top left.
  • Based on the information I am given, I do not know if the accuracy of the guns relates to how much I fire. That is, I am not sure if I burst if it is more accurate or not.
  • The cover can be hard to determine what can be shot through vs what cannot. To use cover properly, it would be nice to have some kind of visual signifier so that I can tell the difference between cover and background scenery.
  • When pressing p to pause, there is no visual indication that the game is paused and can make the game appear to have been frozen.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic