Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:08:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTwilight cyclo-crossing (stealth bike simulator horror) (full release version)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Twilight cyclo-crossing (stealth bike simulator horror) (full release version)  (Read 1521 times)
aiiekecute
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2022, 12:58:54 AM »

Hello community!
І'm very interested does this game (bike simulator in horror setting) have a potential, or it's dead.
Is there any reason to do more levels? Now I made only one level.

screenshot:

link to playable version (29 Mb): https://www.indiedb.com/games/twilight-cyclo-crossing/downloads/twilight-cyclo-crossing

link to video:

« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 09:25:21 AM by aiiekecute » Logged
DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 02:39:31 AM »

Hi!

I tried it out and while sceptical at first, I think it has its strengths. Even though I don't personally enjoy horror games (or biking for that matter), there could be an audience for such a game. Some notes in case you want to keep working on this:

- The atmosphere is great, not just because of the visuals, but also the sounds (and the music), which I applaud! (sidenote: I'd actually be interested in knowing what software did you use when making and polishing the music and sounds)
However the sound of the "speed boost" (which I would imagine would be a person on a bike simply "pushing" harder) breaks the immersion a lot, as it sounds like some kind of wood "cracking" or smthng (its like someone steps on a wooden floor, or when a wooden ship fights the pressure of the sea). I would replace that sound asap, mostly because you get to hear it all the time. .)

- The bike did not feel like a bike much, the biggest issue being speed and exhaustion (is the person on a bike morbidly obese? :p) - and the fact that you get exhausted pretty much the same when driving downhill as driving uphill. To make this game really work, bike-fans have to feel like being on a bike. You should also make the handle-bars (and the front wheel too) turn whenever the player... turns. ;)

- Didn't mind that much that I can't interact with the zombies (I guess it comes with the genre), but when you combine it with the low abilities of the bike, which make it impossible to escape the zombies, even with the speed-consumable, it seems like a pretty high difficulty to me. Then again, I guess you're supposed to be really stealthy in these genres, so it might be ok... but if I add the notion that you should probably be faster on a bike overall (as mentioned above), you should probably look more into the entire speed+"exhaustion balance" thing (maybe make the exhaustion more of a long-term thing, or even make 2 exhaustions, one used for short-term effort, the other being used overall... just some quick ideas).

Overall the game plays better and seems to have a greater potential than I would expect at first from such a combination (bike horror). Also it looks so good my trash pc can't run it smoothly (maybe add graphic options? :p), so... good job! :))
aiiekecute
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 11:00:56 PM »

Hi! Big thanks for testing!  Beer!

Ingame ambient and intro music was made by friend musicant, so its special magic with guitar and drums using.   
All other sounds was taken Embarrassed from old Half-life1+mods (there is unpacked wav-format), than edited in "Audacity". 
Sound rendering processed by API lib "Audiere" and effect of acceleration (bike moving faster-slower) regulated
with pitch parameter. 

About sound of "speed boost" (chain tension) understand, really its sounds very weird. I'll change it to something else.
I thought no one would notice static handle-bars, that was a mistake  Smiley
Ok, exhaustion I will try to make more balanced or make level heightmap smoother with fewer mountains and hills.

Thanks again, your comment was very helpful! I guess I'll keep polishing this game.
And yes, graphic options comming soon. Beforehand orientation was to Radeon RX 460,
which produce 100 FPS on 1920x1080 without V-Sync.   
aiiekecute
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2022, 06:02:09 AM »

Hello again Gentleman. All seven levels is done and at now I fully exhausted by this game.
Some advises were implemented, some - not (because I'm tired Addicted).  

Full release version you can download here:
https://www.indiedb.com/games/twilight-cyclo-crossing/downloads/twilight-cyclo-crossing-full

And screenshots:

« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 12:36:33 PM by aiiekecute » Logged
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2022, 01:08:17 PM »

Hey aiiekecute,

I played your game:

aiiekecute
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2022, 04:19:21 AM »

Hі, jbarrios. Thanks for detailed review, all comments straight to the point.  Hand Thumbs Up Left
If you don't mind, I will post on itch-gamejolt game's page a link to your video.   
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic