Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:09:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBurnaby: It's like Unity, but for GameMaker
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Burnaby: It's like Unity, but for GameMaker  (Read 882 times)
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2022, 12:46:58 PM »

What is Burnaby?
Burnaby was a creation of necessity. I've recently been working on a prototype for a game idea that I had one day, using BlueBurn's BBMOD 3D model and render system. As powerful as that system is, I felt myself being severely limited by GameMaker's built in room editor. Thus Burnaby was born, a 3D scene builder for GameMaker with GameMaker powered by the BBMOD framework.

Why does it look like that, and how does it work?
Being a fan of both GameMaker and Unity, I figured why not mash them both together. So, using the Forms framework from BlueBurn, along with the BBMOD framework, I started assembling something that works roughly similar to the Unity UI. Before you can build a scene in Burnaby, you have to load a GM project (*.yyp). The first time that Burnaby loads a project, it scans the project directory, generates thumbnails where necessary, and creates a database of all of the files and directories in the project's datafiles directory. Since this directory is included with your project, it is fitting that your Burnaby scenes will work from within this directory.

When will it be released?
I'm not sure yet! I've got like ADHD or something so I'm bouncing around from project to project like a mad man! However, I'll maybe post a link to a patreon some day so you can support me and I can spend more time working on these awesome tools for y'alls!

Show us the goods!
Okay, have some pictures n stuff, and proof of my indecision with software naming.

Current UI Skin:

Previous UI Skins:

It used to look like GameMaker, causing lots of confusion, yay!

« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 02:11:45 PM by CDLegasse » Logged
CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 12:14:01 PM »

Burnaby is SOO materialistic.

If anybody has any feature requests, things you'd like to see in a 3D level editor for GM, feel free to post them here and I'll see what I can do!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic