Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 08:11:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPaperKlay - A 3D platformer made out of clay and cardboard
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: PaperKlay - A 3D platformer made out of clay and cardboard  (Read 9134 times)
kevin andersson
Level 1

Producer/ Designer by day and Programmer by night

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2023, 08:21:14 PM »

haha I see :D I had no idea lol!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2023, 12:33:33 AM »

Well, mostly just to passively consume updates and occasionally emoji-react to a post. There's something about the Discord interface that turns me into a lurker.
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2023, 01:28:38 PM »

Hey Kevin! I really really like the unfolding animations. Also, adding your character looking at objects that interests them is a great in my eyes, it adds so much life. Keep up the great work!

kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2023, 09:55:13 PM »

Hey Kevin! I really really like the unfolding animations. Also, adding your character looking at objects that interests them is a great in my eyes, it adds so much life. Keep up the great work!

Thanks a lot Alain! I do think it adds a layer of polish when looking at things, appreciate it! Smiley

kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2023, 06:48:37 AM »

After my vacation I started working on the first hub area and it's been going pretty well. Made another devlog which I'm happy with! Really proud that I've been fairly good with devlogs so far with this project. Learned a lot about the video workflow.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2023, 05:41:33 AM »

Great update video as always. The player jumping off objects they dropped themselves is intriguing in deed... Wink

kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2023, 08:20:53 PM »

Great update video as always. The player jumping off objects they dropped themselves is intriguing in deed... Wink

Thank you Alain, yeah I think there could be fun scenarios but I'm scared of what it will require for me as a level designer in order to not break the game entirely haha

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2023, 08:11:00 AM »

Thank you Alain, yeah I think there could be fun scenarios but I'm scared of what it will require for me as a level designer in order to not break the game entirely haha

Yes, very understandable. But you could also exploit the crazy game-breaking physics glitches on social media Wink

BestFriendStudio
Level 0

One man studio with ton of pixels

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2023, 02:42:29 PM »

After my vacation I started working on the first hub area and it's been going pretty well. Made another devlog which I'm happy with! Really proud that I've been fairly good with devlogs so far with this project. Learned a lot about the video workflow.

Lovely and unique visual design of the game. I really like your devlog videos (stumbled upon them few times on twitter), they are quite informative and inspirational.

I lover paper mechanics of the level, UI and UX will at the end be the essential glue that will help everyone understand how everything works, and so far I think you are doing a good job.

Do you have some plans regarding enemies?

kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2023, 11:28:20 PM »

Lovely and unique visual design of the game. I really like your devlog videos (stumbled upon them few times on twitter), they are quite informative and inspirational.

I lover paper mechanics of the level, UI and UX will at the end be the essential glue that will help everyone understand how everything works, and so far I think you are doing a good job.

Do you have some plans regarding enemies?

Thank you so much! Really glad that you're watching my stuff.

I appreciate the comment, I do have some more work I want to do with the UI, hopefully I'll take a go at it early next year once I've got some more content in place Smiley

I do have ideas on having more enemies than just "attack when close enough" to hopefully make the player avoid or move differently in order to take them down.

kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2023, 02:37:13 AM »

Latest Devlog is now out, making this a nice milestone to reach. I can now play through about an hour of "real" flow of the game. I have also had friends play the game which feels great. If you've got a few minutes to spare then watch it here.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2023, 04:42:30 AM »

Great job on the waterfall! In my opinion, it looks exactly like water from far away and when you approach, you have this nice reveal that it is also paper  Gentleman

kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2023, 08:53:09 PM »

Thanks a lot Alain! Yeah I hope it works like that for everyone  Smiley

kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2023, 09:28:53 PM »

I've now come to a point where I don't feel as bad for not constantly posting here, but rather a container for all the devlogs (I know youtube exist but it's like a small diary with a small snippet next to the video)

This next devlog I go through some of my workflow and thoughts around level design. I'm very excited for this video as it feels like the best structurally out of my videos.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2023, 01:42:09 PM »

Great update as always and it was cool to see how you speed up your level-building process. The book forest looks just great!

kevin andersson
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2024, 10:22:45 PM »

Honestly I'm surprised with how far the game has come. This 2 year anniversary video was a great way to look back at the progress. Feels pretty wild!

Jamie_D
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2024, 12:38:55 PM »

Absolutely loving the consistency of the art style. Keeping an eye on this one!

Jamie D
Freelance VFX Artist

Devblogs
10 Seconds of sand

On Steam
Hellscreen
Vaporwave Pinball

Free games

10 SOS
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2024, 03:18:59 AM »

Amazing progress over the last two years Kevin and great video as always. Always looking forward to hear about PaperKlay more Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic