Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1401637 Posts in 67933 Topics- by 61476 Members - Latest Member: meeloboer

July 03, 2022, 03:53:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallIf you miss playing hide & seek, I made a virtual version for you
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: If you miss playing hide & seek, I made a virtual version for you  (Read 181 times)
istvankreisz
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2022, 08:30:56 AM »

Hey everyone! I’ve been working on an online multiplayer game called Hide & Seek World.

If you loved hide and seek as a kid and would still love to play it with your friends but now you’re too old for it and it’d be weird, then try this out! Smiley … or if you like the game GeoGuessr.

It’s basically virtual hide and seek. You pick a Google street view location in the world and become a virtual hider:

Then the other players have to guess where you're hiding based on the street view image:

You'll see their guesses show up on the map:

You can keep track of your stats on the dashboard:

Play with other random players or create private games with your friends:

Happy hide and seeking!
flowerthief
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 12:27:33 PM »

That's a new one. It's an original idea, but will it be fun. Is there any representation of the hiding person on the map, or is it just months-old google map images you look at?

Some sort of game which incentivizes people to show off their homes and hometowns has potential, if that's what this is or could be.
istvankreisz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 12:39:06 PM »

That's a new one. It's an original idea, but will it be fun. Is there any representation of the hiding person on the map, or is it just months-old google map images you look at?

Some sort of game which incentivizes people to show off their homes and hometowns has potential, if that's what this is or could be.

No, it's just Google Maps images. It could be interesting of course with custom images uploaded by the players but it'd be very hard to guarantee that those images are appropriate for the game. Plus it'd make the game a whole lot more cumbersome because you'd have to find images to upload.

The extra benefit of using Google Street View is also that seekers can move around and zoom in on things so they're not just given a static image.
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 05:57:51 AM »

So what makes it different from geoguessr is that it's kind of like a PvP version? Is there anything more to it?

istvankreisz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 08:36:19 AM »

So what makes it different from geoguessr is that it's kind of like a PvP version? Is there anything more to it?

Well yes, pretty much. Butt soon I'll release another game mode which will make things a lot more interesting.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic