Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411497 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:26:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSave Me Circles - Screensaver turned into a real-time puzzle
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Save Me Circles - Screensaver turned into a real-time puzzle  (Read 1098 times)
DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: June 18, 2022, 09:52:09 AM »

[DIRECT DOWNLOAD FROM GITHUB] (Windows; 1920x1080 ideal)
- Played with Mouse only.
- Use M to Mute Music.
- Use Arrows to jump between levels.

Hello everyone. :)

This relaxing experiment has been growing for a while (you can read about it on github) and I still don't know where it's going - or where it should go. That's what you get when you start a project only as a thought exercise. But at least it looks like a game now, so I wanted to share - and, of course, maybe even get some feedback. :)

At this moment only a Windows release is available, however there is a mobile version "definitely planned"TM.

There are 20 levels right now, and while some are super fast, others take longer to finish, so the game can easily take an hour or more - so maybe after the first few levels, just use arrows to jump forward a bit.
Many of the levels are not final anyway - it is still more of a prototype than a game, and it's purpose is to test the basic gameplay (eg. circle interactions) with some basic obstacles (a simple wall being one of them).

There are some rarely occuring bugs which I didn't get around to fixing yet but it's nothing that should break the game, so that should be ok.

So please try it out and let me know what you think about the gameplay. :) (I take comments on the visuals too, as I still have MUCH to learn there; and please forgive the music, I realize its a midi of the lowest quality, unfortunately I don't have the tools right now to make it sound better).

The original idea could also be summarized as "something to chill with". Does it still feel like that? Or is it too fast/hard? Which levels did you like the most? Do you think it's a good idea making a "slow barely-a-game thats trying to hypnotize you into a peaceful state of mind", or would you rather see this change its current direction and evolve into a full-blown "realtime-billiard-madness"? I'm interested in all the opinions, and I'll appreciate any comments. ;) :)

Thanks for reading. :)

« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 07:23:11 AM by DarkGran » Logged
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 01:09:46 PM »

Hey DarkGran,

I played your game:

DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 05:34:38 AM »

Hey DarkGran,

I played your game

Hi!

Thank you so much, I was looking forward to another of your awesome videos! ;D Although this one actually kinda embarrassed me, because yes, you can indeed see only 2 thirds of the screen - which means you can't even see the "continue" button when you actually finish the level, because that is at the bottom (also other buttons, some required to finish the level). (atm it supports only my resolution i guess xD (1920x1080))

It's actually meant to be played with mouse only, the arrows are there to "skip" levels, but good thing you used those otherwise you wouldn't leave level one. ;D Oh, and there is like 5 or 6 more levels, I don't know why the arrows stopped working. :))

Still, you got to try out the gist of it, thank you for that. :) Especially for the kind comments, makes me wanna work on the idea a bit more. ;) :)

(also, "meditation assistant" is a really cool way to call it, I think I'll use that xD ;))
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 07:14:05 AM by DarkGran » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic