Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 05:09:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessWhat do you think is the best way to price a battle royale/roguelike game?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What do you think is the best way to price a battle royale/roguelike game?  (Read 3416 times)
NiTe Games
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2022, 09:27:16 AM »

I'm currently making a PVP battle royale/roguelike game and i was wondering how to price it? Battle royale games are mostly free, but roguelikes aren't. I'm afraid of making a free game, because people don't take those game seriously if they are small and at the same time steam doesn't like free games. On the other hand, pricing a game where you need like 16 players to find a match is tough. I'm thinking of having a small price and at the same time giving a free copy for a friend. What do you think?
Here is a strallpoll i made, please fill it!:
https://strawpoll.com/polls/1MnwvEv95y7
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 12:24:19 PM »

Don't build your game for a million people, build it for 10 people, 100 people. Get those people playing regularly and grow from there. There is no point to using steam other than to just make installing the game easier, but its pretty easy to make a good install system on your own. Get your community growing first, worry about money once you have thousands or tens of thousands of daily users.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic