Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:10:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsProgrammer needed for satirical Crypto game (For Steam)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Programmer needed for satirical Crypto game (For Steam)  (Read 4490 times)
Slimebeast
Level 1

BARF JR.

View Profile WWW
« on: June 22, 2022, 01:57:04 PM »

Hi all,

I'm looking for a programmer capable of working on the following...

- A satirical/sarcastic Crypto game in the style of Dope Wars.
-- "Dope Wars" is a text-based game where the player buys and sells drugs, with high usage of random events and rising/falling worth of said drugs. There have been many, many variations over the years.
-- Example of a Dope Wars game: https://classicreload.com/dope-wars.html

- The game should be compatible with sale on the Steam platform.

The game can be almost entirely in text, and I will provide still pixel art for various game features. (Fun fact, I actually submitted these to this site back in the day:  Facepalm Who, Me? Yawn Wow it's been a long time.)

You probably already see where this is going. I want us to produce a game for Steam that simulates buying and selling crypto currency in a satirical and funny way. I'm open to uneven revenue split (in your favor) since you'd be doing the more intense work.

For example, random events would include things like: "An outspoken internet celebrity has posted about their crypto collection. The price of NoCoin has skyrocketed!"

Naturally, we can bring our own flavor and features to this in order to not make it a straight-up Dope Wars clone, but I'd feel more comfortable discussing those ideas with a single party one-on-one.

I can also supply a moderately large audience to initially purchase the game, as well as some streamers and YouTube content creators to ideally showcase and promote it.

If interested, please email [email protected] or DM me here. Fastest response is email.

Thanks for your time!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 01:36:03 PM by Slimebeast » Logged

siodettor
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 08:23:09 AM »

Your idea for a satirical Crypto game sounds like a lot of fun. Finding a programmer who can bring that concept to life is a great step.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic