Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:50:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Sprite Turnaround Feedback / Advice
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sprite Turnaround Feedback / Advice  (Read 5062 times)
Compact Cola
Level 0

Max

View Profile WWW
« on: July 19, 2022, 06:02:03 PM »

I just finished the turnaround for the top-down player sprite I'm working on and I'm honestly feeling pretty good about it. I think I'm happy with the compromise between viewing the details of the sprite and keeping that top-down perspective and wanted too see if someone who didn't spend hours working on it feels the same way.

Also hoping for adivce for a potential full 8-sprite turnaround. I'm still undecided if I'm going to even make on since I'm assmung I would also have to animate it  Shocked, but still any advice on how to handle it or steps to simplify the process would be VERY much appriciated !
16comma7inPx
Level 0

alias Zitron

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 12:07:20 PM »

Feel good so far, nice boots. You can make simple animation out of single frame. Make pose with one leg back and one in front, same with posture (bit to one side). Then you just mirror it and add assymetric details.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 01:12:12 PM by 16comma7inPx » Logged
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 02:18:53 AM »

I think that it looks pretty good! The silhouette is clear; the features are simple enough to be intelligible, while nevertheless remaining interesting; the design looks fun; and the posture helps to convey a bit of character, I do feel.

As to an eight-directional sprite, as the poster above me says, if you don't mind having an "ambidextrous sprite", then you can theoretically get away with making five directional variations, and then simply rendering the three non-vertical variations mirrored to produce their opposite horizontal directions.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic