Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 10:16:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLogaterix - board game of the ancient Slavs
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Logaterix - board game of the ancient Slavs  (Read 868 times)
zxretrosoft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 29, 2022, 02:03:22 PM »

Dear friends,

I discovered an ancient game of the old Slavs called "Posunčík". I gave it a new name, Logaterix.

The game is said to be several hundred years old and was played on the ground or on a wooden board, using simply stones of two shades.

I programmed the game for PC/online so you can play it yourself, either against the AI or another human opponent.

I believe you will enjoy it too! I will be glad for feedback as well! Thank you in advance! Coffee

Enjoy!  Kiss

Download link (direct link, ZIP format):
https://www.instaluj.cz/logaterix/download

Online version:
https://zxretrosoft.cz/

Preview:

« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 04:18:27 AM by zxretrosoft » Logged

I am sorry for poor English.
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 05:13:19 PM »

what are the rules for pushing kings? Do they weigh more?

zxretrosoft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 12:59:13 AM »

Thank you for your response!

The king behaves in the same way as other stones, only it has limited movement, it can only move right, left, up, down (i.e. orthogonally). In other words: it cannot go diagonally.

If it is somewhere in the middle of the row, it can of course be pushed like a normal stone. But he cannot push himself diagonally.

I hope I explained it correctly, it's actually very simple  Kiss

I am sorry for poor English.
DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2022, 12:51:07 PM »

Král je mrtev - ať žije král!
The King is dead - long live the King!

Cool game in its simplicity. Everything ran smoothly, so I guess good job coding it. Grin

Only issue I had was in the beginning, with the pushing itself. It almost made me ask the same question as michaelplzno. Turned out the issue is about input - it seems that while you usually can simply click enemy tokens to push in that direction, that somehow does not work when the king is involved (or so it seeemed to me). Clicking outside the board in that direction worked every time though.

Besides that, no issues. Smiley Oh and I also like how the gems look like.

Nice job. Beer!

-----------------------------------------(question in czech about the czech name of the game)-----------------------------------------

Coby kolegy Čecha se musím zeptat na Posunčík. Hned jsem se vydal ten název hledat, ale google nemá nic zaindexováno (kromě stránek s Tvojí hrou, samozřejmě). Kde jsi ten název, a vlastně celou hru, našel? Zajímá to jak mě, tak i mého bratra, učitele češtiny, pro kterého je staročeština tak trochu koníček. Wink Zajímavý objev každopádně! Grin
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 11:19:35 AM by DarkGran » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic