Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:04:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLil Baby Poop's NIGHTMARES - 2d jump/run/shoot retro cartoon game
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Lil Baby Poop's NIGHTMARES - 2d jump/run/shoot retro cartoon game  (Read 3934 times)
Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 01, 2022, 05:49:13 AM »

welcome to
lil baby poop's nightmares
- a 2d jump/run/shoot game in a 1930's rubberhose cartoon style. fight your way through 13 different nightmares.

all assets are hand-drawn/painted/animated using clipstudio paint and put together in the godot engine.

after publishing the first little game "spiders everywhere (!!still free on steam!!) i received a lot of love and hate,
but also some great feedback to implement in the "big" game.

there is still a lot of work to do, but it will be ready to publish by the end of this year!

you can also follow my work on twitter!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 06:02:23 AM by Soju and Ink » Logged

Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 06:27:26 AM »

just in case someone is interested seeing the struggle of creating/animating an enemy-character without propper planning/concept:

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 08:04:25 AM »

Glad to see this project is still kicking around and you're expanding the idea. Love the aesthetic as always.

Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 07:49:42 AM »

Glad to see this project is still kicking around and you're expanding the idea. Love the aesthetic as always.

thanks!

--

the game is almost finished. just testing and fixing and then trying to figure out steam again...
should be ready to publish in 2 months.

Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 05:18:54 AM »

Amazing art style! Best of luck.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2022, 05:19:32 AM »

Amazing art style! Best of luck.
-thanks!!

the game has now 13 levels - the last two levels are in color! it also has over 30 different enemies.

https://twitter.com/Soju_and_Ink

Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2022, 07:36:24 AM »

mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2022, 12:23:20 PM »

Magnificent artwork and music. Cuphead-associations are obvious, but I don’t mind.

Video about the animation process was captivating. I wonder if the intermediate stages could be used in a game: easier levels would have graphically unfinished enemies, and they would get more complete (and difficult) in the latter phases?

And just wondering: in the last image of the first post, is the baby stretching or celebrating his/her kills?

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2022, 06:01:42 AM »

Magnificent artwork and music. Cuphead-associations are obvious, but I don’t mind.

And just wondering: in the last image of the first post, is the baby stretching or celebrating his/her kills?

thanks, but i still haven't played cuphead. i don't mind getting compared to it though. it's just annoying when some people call my game a cheap cuphead-ripoff..

-

the image is the screen you see after winning a level.

Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2022, 06:09:07 AM »

steam-shop is open and release date is 19 Jan, 2023!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2195720/Lil_Baby_Poops_NIGHTMARES/

i planned one year for development and it took exactly one year. can't believe this actually worked out.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2022, 10:06:55 PM »

Awesome, congratulations on the launch of the Steam page and on nailing that ETA Wink

Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2022, 08:05:01 AM »

Awesome, congratulations on the launch of the Steam page and on nailing that ETA Wink

thanks!!

_

anyone still using twitter?
i uploaded some short gameplay videos:

Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2022, 09:54:54 AM »

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2022, 10:42:40 AM »

Wow, I'd been meaning to post in this thread and before I remembered to, the game as good as released? Droop That's amazing, congrats! Everything just seems so well done, art and animations, and the music in the trailer. Nailing the period feel. And it looks like a fun platformer too Smiley But I did not realise the name was quite so literal until I saw this (also amazing) detailed picture in colour! Shocked

Gibberish
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2022, 11:36:06 AM »

Very cool! How far along are you? Love the graphics, music and speed. It does seem like it might get repetitive?

I'm making a 2D handdrawn game as well. Maybe you want to check it out. https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=72897.0

Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2023, 09:18:13 AM »

Wow, I'd been meaning to post in this thread and before I remembered to, the game as good as released? Droop That's amazing, congrats! Everything just seems so well done, art and animations, and the music in the trailer. Nailing the period feel. And it looks like a fun platformer too Smiley But I did not realise the name was quite so literal until I saw this (also amazing) detailed picture in colour! Shocked

thanks for your kind words. i just released the game on steam.

i initially created the character to practise the godot-engine. the whole thing kinda started with a dumb idea and at some point i was in too deep and had to finish the game.

Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2023, 09:21:36 AM »

Very cool! How far along are you? Love the graphics, music and speed. It does seem like it might get repetitive?

I'm making a 2D handdrawn game as well. Maybe you want to check it out. https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=72897.0

i just released the game on steam. it's not a huge game. 13 levels but quite different and challenging.

gonna check out your game for sure!

Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2023, 09:23:26 AM »

It's finally available on steam!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2195720

Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2023, 11:08:56 PM »

Congrats! The visuals are still amazing, the style is really catchy.

I know, I do build sentences with "but" too often, but... random enemy placement? Why? What is the point of a challenging game if not learning how to master specific situations? Who gives a flying fuck about replayability?

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2023, 12:48:40 AM »

Congrats! The visuals are still amazing, the style is really catchy.

I know, I do build sentences with "but" too often, but... random enemy placement? Why? What is the point of a challenging game if not learning how to master specific situations? Who gives a flying fuck about replayability?

some people care about replayability, there is a whole genre called "roguelike" for example.
also - the terrain isn't randomized and you can learn the movement patterns of each enemy.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic