Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:46:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLil Baby Poop's NIGHTMARES - 2d jump/run/shoot retro cartoon game
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Lil Baby Poop's NIGHTMARES - 2d jump/run/shoot retro cartoon game  (Read 3993 times)
Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2023, 08:32:09 AM »

Congratulations!

How did the release go?

Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2023, 02:31:53 PM »

Congratulations!

How did the release go?

thanks!!
if you mean releasing on steam: - everything went smoothly.
if you mean releasing the game to the world: - no one noticed.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2023, 09:42:51 PM »

if you mean releasing on steam: - everything went smoothly.
if you mean releasing the game to the world: - no one noticed.

I am sorry to hear that
What type of marketing have you made and what would you change for the next release ?

vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2023, 01:39:41 AM »

I just added your game into wishlist. It looks super-cute, it reminds me of Cuphead by its style.

I have some notes:

- don't you plan controller support? - this game asks for it

- it's really pity that recognition of the game is low on Steam, because execution looks very professional, the look of the game is flawless to me. I don't think, it's lost as it's just 4 days since release. I'm not marketing expert (@Ramos is much more capable in that regard), but I think this game REALLY needs marketing. E.g. I can perfectly imagine this type of game being played on Twitch.

Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2023, 12:15:32 PM »

I am sorry to hear that
What type of marketing have you made and what would you change for the next release ?

i'm really bad at marketing and made a lot of bad choices. i don't get much interaction on twitter and youtuber/streamer don't show much interest. it's a little better on reddit, where people unanimously seem to hate the name/title i chose.

Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2023, 12:27:59 PM »

I just added your game into wishlist. It looks super-cute, it reminds me of Cuphead by its style.

I have some notes:

- don't you plan controller support? - this game asks for it

- it's really pity that recognition of the game is low on Steam, because execution looks very professional, the look of the game is flawless to me. I don't think, it's lost as it's just 4 days since release. I'm not marketing expert (@Ramos is much more capable in that regard), but I think this game REALLY needs marketing. E.g. I can perfectly imagine this type of game being played on Twitch.

thanks.
you can rebind the keys for your controller and it should work.

people really seem to hate the name/title i chose and i can't change it now. i initially thought "baby poop" sounded funny and similar to "betty boop".
i'm bad at marketing and don't have a budget. still try to get some streamers to play it..
for my next game i'll try hard to find a good publisher!

Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2023, 12:30:18 PM »

i re-edited the latest trailer:

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2023, 06:08:39 AM »

Looks good, I like the presentation going from clip to clip with the projector sounds Smiley Is it, like it seems on Steam, Windows only? Would it be easy to build for Mac too? Or can't you put that on Steam without the whole notarisation shenanigans? Sad

mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2023, 05:38:22 PM »

Nice trailer. Short enough and contains the essential without anything extra. The music brings a smile to my face.

Perhaps a couple of images (or silent era text cards) about the protagonist’s background and common story/premise would do good. A story might be catchier and easier to market than mere gameplay.

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2023, 07:46:12 AM »

sorry, haven't been around for a while..

Looks good, I like the presentation going from clip to clip with the projector sounds Smiley Is it, like it seems on Steam, Windows only? Would it be easy to build for Mac too? Or can't you put that on Steam without the whole notarisation shenanigans? Sad

it's only on steam for now and i can't build for mac at the moment, sorry.

Nice trailer. Short enough and contains the essential without anything extra. The music brings a smile to my face.

Perhaps a couple of images (or silent era text cards) about the protagonist’s background and common story/premise would do good. A story might be catchier and easier to market than mere gameplay.

the game only has gameplay - no bigger story behind..

Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2023, 07:50:34 AM »

i updated the player movement/controlls and lil baby poop can now shoot whyle running!

also.. some mentioned the projectile is too dark and hardly visible, so i gave it a glow. now the baby literally shoots holy shit!

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2023, 10:01:02 AM »

The art is amazing.  Gentleman
But a gameplay tip: reduce all speed of movement for players and enemies to 50% or more. AT this current speed I cannot enjoy any visuals and the gameplay is going from challenging to frustrating very fast( feel free to ignore this statement its just my personal opinion)

Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2023, 06:19:19 AM »

But a gameplay tip: reduce all speed of movement for players and enemies to 50% or more. AT this current speed I cannot enjoy any visuals and the gameplay is going from challenging to frustrating very fast( feel free to ignore this statement its just my personal opinion)

i already slowed down the main character in yesterdays update. it's not much but noticeable.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2023, 07:10:13 AM »

i already slowed down the main character in yesterdays update. it's not much but noticeable.

My statement was after you update  Gomez

Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2023, 09:01:42 AM »

oh.. -guess it's a personal thing with me. i'm getting super angry when ever a game character moves too slow.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2023, 09:10:53 AM »

oh.. -guess it's a personal thing with me. i'm getting super angry when ever a game character moves too slow.

For me its the other way around but maybe you should target the audience of speedrunners although for that you will need to add a bit more content/polish to the game overall

vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2023, 01:02:04 PM »

I asked you earlier about controller support, you recommended to me to rebind keys to controller and it should work.

But my point was not to have controller for me. My point was that "controller support" is not visible on your Steam page. It's in section above languages on the right side. You have just "single player" there. More features you support, better visibility of the game.

And in your case it's even more important. It's 2D arcade game, consumers of such products have controllers quite commonly (including me) and my guess is that Steam prefers rather your competition's products from same category when recommending 2D arcade games to random people. Ideal is to have Achievements/Steam cloud/Controller support combo, but even if you don't want to integrate with Steam at least "controller support" should be nice for your game. I plan to have Controller support for my game for sure from Day 1 on Steam page.

Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2023, 02:45:16 AM »

I asked you earlier about controller support, you recommended to me to rebind keys to controller and it should work.

But my point was not to have controller for me. My point was that "controller support" is not visible on your Steam page. It's in section above languages on the right side. You have just "single player" there. More features you support, better visibility of the game.

And in your case it's even more important. It's 2D arcade game, consumers of such products have controllers quite commonly (including me) and my guess is that Steam prefers rather your competition's products from same category when recommending 2D arcade games to random people. Ideal is to have Achievements/Steam cloud/Controller support combo, but even if you don't want to integrate with Steam at least "controller support" should be nice for your game. I plan to have Controller support for my game for sure from Day 1 on Steam page.

i initially selected "partial controller support" because you can rebind the keys, but it was declined. i was told it must be playable without mouse or keyboard (even the menu right from the start)- only using a controller. i will change it on the next update, now that i finally own a controller.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic