Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:24:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAstromeda - RPG with unique combat! (LAST 48 HOURS ON KICKSTARTER!)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Astromeda - RPG with unique combat! (LAST 48 HOURS ON KICKSTARTER!)  (Read 4218 times)
Liran
Level 0

Indie game dev working on my dream game Astromeda!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 10, 2022, 02:28:45 PM »

ASTROMEDA

NOW LIVE ON KICKSTARTER! Please support us!

Feedback!

Hello there! There is a free playable demo for Astromeda that you can try out on Itch.io and Gamejolt! I can tell you that a bunch of people have tried it and the feedback is super awesome and positive! :D

You can download it for free here:
(Itch.io) itch.io/astromeda-kickstarter-demo
(GameJolt) https://gamejolt.com/games/Astromeda/743920

Astromeda is a story-driven RPG with a battle system that combines fast-paced & turn-based combat!
It's inspired by Undertale, Celeste, and Hollow Knight! It has some fun charming characters with a deep story. Please give it a try!  Smiley

« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 04:06:46 AM by Liran » Logged

LinsonLime
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 08:42:26 PM »

I played through the demo and thought it was fun! The simple character designs were really cute, and the environments looked nice. They had this sort of "liminal" feel to them that stuck with me. The word choices could be a bit strange at times (e.g., in the beginning, the bacteria were said to have "plagued the earth" despite us being told they were peaceful), but overall the dialogue was short, sweet, and charming. One thing I especially want to commend was the pacing of the demo - there was never a point in time where I felt like the game had settled into a predictable routine. Best of luck with the kickstarter! I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into this, keep up the good work!
Liran
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 02:49:50 AM »

Thank you so much for trying out the demo! I'm really glad you liked it! I'll take your feedback into consideration and I'll definitely look into the text again!
It would be so awesome if you could leave a comment/rating on the itch.io page where you downloaded the demo! It really helps push the game to more people  Smiley
(If you want you can even copy the comment you made here and paste it on the itch.io page)

Liran
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 06:19:39 AM »

New update for the demo! Version 1.0.1!

Thank you to all of those who already tried out the demo! I got some feedback about the menu being a little too slow, and that you could get stuck on the magnet puzzle, so I made sure to fix those up!

• Magnet Puzzle bug fixed.
  • Menu is much faster and smoother!
  • Fixed a few bugs.

Download the demo for free here: itch.io/astromeda-kickstarter-demo
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 06:33:27 AM by Liran » Logged

flowerthief
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 09:46:29 AM »

I think I got caught in an infinite loop with zebraeon. It kept alternating between the screen where I select "Fight" which does nothing--his shields never change--and the screen where I dodge. It wouldn't let me do Heal, Action, or Escape, so after about a dozen loops of this I gave up.

Seems like a great game though, with a ton of work put into it. I'm all about silent protagonists who answer yes/no questions with a thumbs up xD

I would recommend use a different key than shift for the menu. For one thing, you can't enter a capital letter in the name entry screen. Also, perhaps allow the escape key to cancel menus? It took me awhile to figure out how to close the stat menu.
Liran
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 01:37:57 AM »

Huh, what a weird bug, I've never experienced that before.
First of all, thank you so much for trying it out and leaving feedback!
Do you have Twitter or any platform where you could possibly send me a screenshot/recording of the bug?
From what I understand, all of the buttons (fight,heal,action,escape) didn't work at all?
Also, did this happen in the tutorial battle or a random encounter battle with Zebraeon?
Damn, I really wish you could've been able to finish the demo!

flowerthief
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2022, 06:36:58 AM »

Sorry I don't do Twitter, but I'll try to describe it. This happened in the tutorial, in other words the first fight.
The Fight button DID work sort of. My character moved forward and tried to attack. It's just that nothing was affected. Zerbaeon's shields didn't change. As for the other buttons they evoked a reply like "You should do what I say for now" or something like that. I don't remember the exact words.

After Fight, the game switched to side view action mode and I had to dodge some shots. After a few seconds of that it went back to button mode and the whole cycle repeats.

I like what you've done with the game overall. IF it ever becomes popular it might be a good candidate for porting to a retro console. There are not many games I've seen that would be worthy of porting to retro console, but this could be one. Reminds me of some of those old school NES games like Magic of Scheherezade, or a funky cross between Dragon Quest and Blaster Master, with a tinge of Earthbound.
Liran
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2022, 12:32:31 AM »

Hi again! Thanks for the reply!
Okay, so a question about the problem,
after the player did his attack animation on Zebraeon, did it say 0 damage?
The thing is that after you press the attack button, there's a white circle that grows smaller and you need to press enter again in order to inflict the attack. Perhaps you didn't press enter when the circle grew smaller?

Take a look at this gif of how it should look:

Anyhow, thank you so much for the kind words! I'd certainly love to port the game to retro consoles! Right now I'm trying to share the demo around as much as possible! I put up a pre-launch Kickstarter campaign where people can press "Notify me on launch" which is basically a wishlist button for the campaign :D
Once I get enough wishlists that make me feel comfortable then I'll lunch the campaign. I put a link to the prelaunch page in the demo so that's why I'm trying to share it around so much hahaha
Really hope I'll be able to get enough people to wishlist the campaign! This game is my dream and passion!
Thank you again for trying it out!

flowerthief
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2022, 06:15:36 AM »

Oh, I did NOT realize I had to press when the white circle was small! So it's not a bug after all.
Liran
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2022, 08:37:04 AM »

Oh, no worries haha!
Hope you could give the demo another go! I'd love to see what you think of the ending :D

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2022, 08:00:12 PM »

Hey Liran,

I played the demo:

Liran
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2022, 01:11:58 AM »

Thank you so much for trying out my demo! It was fun watching you play it! I'll take your feedback into consideration. I'll look into the changes to the battle system.

Anyhow, if you want to support the game, there's a pre-launch Kickstarter page up where you can press on "Notify me on launch" which would send you a notice when the Kickstarter goes live :D

Thank you again so much for trying out that prototype a while ago as well Smiley

Liran
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2022, 11:45:58 PM »

I put up a big update for the demo! it fixes a lot of bugs.

Liran
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2022, 08:01:13 AM »

Thank you so much for over 150 downloads on the DEMO! Keep giving me feedback please!

Liran
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2022, 05:15:35 AM »

Another update is out for Astromeda!
Fixed a ton of bugs

Liran
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2022, 04:10:59 AM »

Looking for more feedback!

Liran
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2022, 12:50:09 AM »

The ASTROMEDA DEMO got over 200 downloads! Thank you!

Liran
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2022, 07:47:50 AM »

A NEW massive update for the Astromeda DEMO is out!
Including:

- The Player's damage increased slightly.
- The Player's back sprite (the sprite shown when you go up) has been improved visually.
- Gamepad/Controller adjustments & better instructions for use.
- A NEW secret character with new dialogue - A few bug fixes.

Try it out!
https://liran-kamisa.itch.io/astromeda-kickstarter-demo

Liran
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2022, 09:23:53 AM »

It's been a while! I'm still looking for more feedback, so please try out the DEMO and leave feedback!

Liran
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2023, 10:21:57 AM »

A crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter for the full version of Astromeda is launching next week on April 25th!
Follow the pre-launch page to be notified when it goes live! :D

Feedback!

Hello there! There is a free playable demo for Astromeda that you can try out on Itch.io and Gamejolt! I can tell you that a bunch of people have tried it and the feedback is super awesome and positive! :D

You can download it for free here:
(Itch.io) itch.io/astromeda-kickstarter-demo
(GameJolt) https://gamejolt.com/games/Astromeda/743920

Astromeda is a story-driven RPG with a battle system that combines fast-paced & turn-based combat!
It's inspired by Undertale, Celeste, and Hollow Knight! It has some fun charming characters with a deep story. Please give it a try!  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic