Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411411 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 15, 2024, 08:31:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational Compolinee
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: linee  (Read 12096 times)
or
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2009, 06:12:25 AM »

-
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 06:57:38 PM by orl » Logged
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 04:29:03 PM »

I like some of the later level designs - so much going on at once, and the effect is pretty psychedelic.  The game is definitely educational - I think there is some sort of higher math concept that deals with non-intersecting, abstract curves in a given area (please excuse me - my math level is currently at college Calc III).  The last level might be a little ridiculous, though.

The gameplay is quite original, and really makes the player think in different, abstract ways.  I say keep going!

Curseman
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 11:38:17 PM »

I just got the high score for every level - hooray for me.

Anyway, it's an interesting idea you have there.  I kind of like it when games are made about abstract concepts rather than actual characters and events, just because you don't see it as much as you used to.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 03:02:14 AM »

Haaa, 0rel! Was hoping you'd enter this contest. Though, to be honest, I wasn't sure if a super-slick abstract adult game was your kind of thing.  Tongue

Agreed with Θ and Curseman. Interesting both to play and to look at - I started looking at the playfield in a different way, maximising line length and trying to herd in obstacles. I'm not very accurate, but it's strangely entertaining nonetheless. I've been needing my Qix fix letely, and this reminds me of it - moving line breaking obstacles, minimalistic visuals and a very interesting end result.

The voice samples are funny - I feared they'd get annoying, but they don't. Quite the opposite, in fact. It's nice to hear a "good." after nervously drawing out a long line. I'd like to hear some calm, lo-fi music whilst playing though. Some of those procedural tunes you're so fond of, perhaps?

Being able to save a screenshot of your score for later viewing would be a nice feature, if its not too difficult to impliment. And seeing the High Score piece would also be great. Though more difficult again, maybe. I'm not familiar with flash. First flash game, by the way?

As for the gameplay itself, fun as it stands. Only thing I'd add is an indication that "ink" is only a score limiter - I initially thought it was a length limiter!

Hmmm, so, yes! I rather enjoy this. You say you have plenty to-do, so I'm looking forward to whatever additions you have planned.

Coffee
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 09:30:13 AM »

You write your posts in an unusual fashion 0rel Tongue

I'll check the game later.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 09:07:07 AM »

The internet has its good side. Smiley

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 09:21:22 AM »

I actually found this to be a lot more compelling than I thought it would be; I guess because I was chasing high scores. Eventually you're going to get to the point where the high-scores are unbeatable, though; are you planning on putting Daily, Weekly and All-time scoreboards in?

I think my only frustration with the game at the moment is that I can never be quite sure where the collision area around the mouse pointer is. Was this uncertainty intended? I think I'd prefer a cursor that matched the shape of the collision area.

One final suggestion: If you wanted to allow players to customise their high score presence without using nicknames, you could let them create a small (8x8 or 16x16) black and white avatar, which would appear next to the country on the high score list.

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 02:12:12 PM »

I like this one. I don't know why, but I like it. Wish I had a tablet. I'll bet it's lots better with one.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 08:22:09 AM »

I like to see how this has come along.  The game is quite addicting, and the minimalist art style is very nice.  The game really does require careful planning - it hurts your score a lot if you just try to "bludgeon" through the level.

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 10:11:58 AM »

It's very tough. I like how it's presented; the audio design works very well in conjunction with the stark black & white. Some stages really surprised me with how they animated.

erdtirdmans
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 01:41:03 AM »

FANTASTIC game.

As far as the compo... I feel like it's a /little/ bit of a stretch as an "educational" game.

edmundito
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 07:36:17 PM »

This game has some really excellent sound design! Perhaps the best of all the games in the competition.   Beer!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic