Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:12:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[RevShare] Codewise ready settlers-like indie game looking for artist to create
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [RevShare] Codewise ready settlers-like indie game looking for artist to create  (Read 1606 times)
imajor
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2022, 06:34:24 AM »

More than two years ago I started developing a small game using Unity as a hobby project. Despite I never planned to earn money from it, at this point the game is pretty much ready on the programmer side, it is stable and has a lot of features and more importantly it has some fun playing it. So I'm looking for an artist who I could cooperate with to finish the game and maybe release it on steam to earn some money.

About the game: inspiration was one of my all time favorite childhood game: settlers. I love city building games, but the ones released these days are not exactly what I'm looking for, they are more about social interactions than logistics of items. So I decided to start a game similar to the original settlers 1 and 2, which had roads connecting workshops and stocks, and main part of the game was about creating a good working logistic network. Thus I didn't plan to implement any fighting, just building and creating a good working city producing as many soldiers as possible with infinite resources (bit similar to factorio maybe). Later I added some fighing, but it is still just minimal. Over the months I added things which will probably not needed in the game, but it was an interesting challenge to implement (as I am a professional software developer mainly) like network multiplayer, replaying games, undo-redo, computer driven player (AI), random generated maps and production chains etc...

Current state of the game on video:

Currently the game is quite stable and fun to play (for myself at least) but all the graphics (including the UI) is programmer art done by me, randomly downloaded from the internet, purchased from the Unity asset store or simply taken from another game. So everything is just placeholder, and I think if there would be good ready graphics, the game could be released. So what I'm looking for is help from an artist designing and implementing all the graphics in the game (including user interface). I'm open for any style, maybe even 2D, whatever fits the game. Maybe not blackandwhite, as this supposed to be a fun cute game.

Bad side of the story is that even though I'm not old, my health is pretty bad, this is why I had to leave my quite good job a few years ago and had time to do this project. This means I can't guarantee I will work hard on this in the future, that is why I didn't try to team up with someone else earlier. However the code is quite clean, so I don't think this will be an issue.

Oh I forgot to mention that the game also needs sound effects, but I thought if I could arrange graphics in some way then SFX will be solved somehow. Anyhow if someone is interested doing SFX for this game don't hesitate to contact me.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic