Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 12:31:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe Ouroboros King, a chess roguelike
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Ouroboros King, a chess roguelike  (Read 1061 times)
OriolCosp
Level 0

Data Scientist by day, game dev by night

View Profile WWW
« on: August 22, 2022, 01:53:11 AM »

Hi all, I'm developing the Ouroboros King, a chess roguelike that tries to combine the strategic depth of chess with the build variety of roguelikes.

I've added enough content for a solid demo.
I don't have a trailer yet, but here are some screenshots:

You can try it here: https://oriolcosp.itch.io/the-ouroboros-king

I'd like to know what you think of the difficulty, the replay value of the demo, and the overall gameplay experience.
Thanks! :D
flowerthief
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 12:55:20 PM »

I love it! The new pieces take some getting used to and affect the way one evaluates a move quite a bit. I'm often not sure whether a piece trade is worth it any more. Well obviously a cardinal is better than a bishop, a turret is like a poor man's queen, and the immortal is just awesome--the kind of piece you can confidently apply pressure with, as well as block threats with. Jesters are really cool too. Their value wholly depends on what else is on the board.

I completed the demo on the exact middle difficulty, which is a good challenge, but not so much that the AI doesn't do a dumb thing from time to time. First level was actually the hardest because I'm going "wtffff?" at the new pieces and terrain, but after a few failures on the first level I got the hang of it and charged right through the rest of the levels.
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 08:14:24 AM »

Hey OriolCosp,

I played your game:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic