Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 09:15:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsidle Party Leader - narrative driven incremental game/minigame collection
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: idle Party Leader - narrative driven incremental game/minigame collection  (Read 3067 times)
mihaipuiucernea
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 26, 2022, 06:37:04 AM »

idle Party Leader

Start your own political party. Steal votes. Become president. Become an autocrat. Suppress a revolution. Tighten grip on power. Conquer the EU. Challenge gods.

The premise is simple: you've just founded your own political party. Get votes and climb the ladder.
However, the game transcends the idle click genre and has a few minigames (which are related to the systems present in the game).
I'm using Godot to make it and I'm a solo dev. For now I'm using free online graphics, but I plan to commission some custom backgrounds.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 10:49:53 AM by mihaipuiucernea » Logged

mihaipuiucernea
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 09:10:16 AM »

In this post I want to talk a bit about resources.

Most idle clickers have at least one main resource, and often they have several secondary resources. That's also the case with idle Party Leader.

There is a main resource: votes. This resource can be obtained from clicking and from buying new autoclickers or upgrading the existing ones.

However, there are also a few secondary resources, and they are just as useful and important as the main resource.
One of the most important secondary resources is tickets. These can be obtained in various ways, but the main one will be a space minigame.

As for their use, there is a lottery system which you can play as long as you have at least 2 tickets, and you can win some specialized tickets with which you will be able to level up classes for the RPG minigame. Lottery system is inspired by mobile games which I've played (there's a Japanese game with a travel frog called Tabikaeru, which inspired the lottery system :D ) even though my game is for PC.

Another secondary resource is influence, which will be very important as you need it in order to be able to achieve your goal of becoming president and then dictator. Influence is a very scarce resource (and it will remain a scarce resource for a while), the only way to receive it being through political campaigns (which cost votes), some special upgrades and via auto-generation.
Regarding the last method, auto-generation starts after you unlock the Party HQ auto-clicker. You will initially gain 2% influence every 24 hours, though you can bring this down to 1 hour (but it won't be easy).

The game is shaping up nicely and at this point it's feature complete. In my next blog post I'll talk a bit about Godot and how I started to develop this game.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 03:12:42 AM by mihaipuiucernea » Logged

mihaipuiucernea
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 03:07:32 PM »

In this devlog I'm going to talk about Godot.

I intended this project to be my introduction to Godot and also a learning process. I started work on it in 2021 and initially I wanted to make a very simple game, as a way to learn Godot. That's why I chose an idle clicker (incremental game) as a genre - can't get simpler than that (actually pong is probably simpler). However, as I started getting more familiar with Godot, I added new genres (RPG minigame; breakout clone minigame etc.) to the game until it became what it is today.

Initially, the game looked very rudimentary. Here's a cropped pic of how it looked in the first playable build:
In the beginning the game used a button and a menu (pictured above). The button could be clicked to increase a number (which would later become the main resource: votes) and the menu was a list of autoclickers which, once bought, would add a certain amount to that number each second. The programming logic for this is very simple: I'm using a timer which is set to run for a second and after that second it calculates how many autoclickers have been bought of each type, calculate how much they should add, and then add that number to the total amount of votes).

Of course later things got more complicated with the introduction of upgrades and other resources and a number of ways of spending votes (the main resource) in order to obtain some other resource or advantage.

I'd also like to mention that I love GDscript (Godot's language). It's a bit like Python, very easy to get the hang of.

mihaipuiucernea
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 04:40:50 AM »

Today's devlog is about Secrets.

As I already mentioned, idle Party Leader is more than just an incremental game. It also features many minigames and a few secrets. Think Fez or The Talos Principle's hexa messages; ciphers and that kind of thing. Most of them are messages waiting for you to decipher them, while some are little puzzles (like the one in the attached screenshot).

Some of them can be found easily. Other, not so easily. For some of them, you'll have to think outside the box (and the game).

I've decided to make them an integral part of the game, as the last upgrade of the last autoclicker can only be purchased after unlocking all secrets. I've also designed them to be available through all stages of the game.

mihaipuiucernea
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 02:56:11 PM »

This Christmas turn the UK into a dictatorship

idle Party Leader releases December 22nd.
If you like incremental games, or autobattler RPGs, or arcade games and a few other genres, and you've been secretly planning to turn the UK into a dictatorship, this is the game for you!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2234440/idle_Party_Leader/
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 02:50:09 AM by mihaipuiucernea » Logged

oedle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 01:46:52 PM »

idle Party Leader

Start your own political party. Steal votes. Become president. Become an autocrat. Suppress a revolution. Tighten grip on power. Conquer the EU. Challenge gods.

The premise is simple: you've just founded your own political party. Get votes and climb the ladder.
However, the game transcends the idle click genre and has a few minigames (which are related to the systems present in the game).
I'm using Godot to make it and I'm a solo dev. For now I'm using free online graphics, but I plan to commission some custom backgrounds.
trap the cat

Let's focus on boosting configuration and speed.

oedle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 05:40:54 PM »

People recommended great games but I didn't know how to play and lost a lot.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic