Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:50:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsNeed a level designer for a Metroid-themed 8-directional shooter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need a level designer for a Metroid-themed 8-directional shooter  (Read 1906 times)
jon-mil-92
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2022, 01:22:09 PM »

Update: I will continue updating this post as I make progress.

Last Update: 11/01/22

Hello fellow game makers!

I am working on my first ever game! It is a Metroid-themed 8-directional shooter. This is obviously not going to be commercial. I'm just trying to make something that I would play, and I'm trying to build a portfolio. I have implemented the following:

Fully-animated Samus character with 8-directional aiming. Also some other objects.

A pallet swapping system using shaders.

Tile and object-based collision system.

Sound system.

Input controller.

Title screen.

Pause screen.

Test rooms.

One enemy (Autclast from Metroid Dread)

Projectile system (regular and charge beam).

Post processing effects system.

Dynamic health bar.

Etc.

The following is what I still need to implement:

More enemies with AI.

A short cutscene to transition from Title Screen to the first room.

An ending cutscene.

Parts of the HUD.

Pause screen options.

Three rooms (levels/maps).

So basically, The story is Samus picks up a lifeform reading from a nearby planet she happens to be passing by. Her ship's AI points out that it has Metroid-like characteristics and recommends to investigate. So she lands on the planet to investigate. The atmosphere will be darker-toned, kind of like the dark world areas in Metroid Prime 2.

The gameplay will be similar to other Metroid games, but without the backtracking. Only forward progression. It is just one mission long. The first room (level, map, whatever you wanna call it) will be filled with hostile alien lifeforms. In the second room, Samus discovers the Metroid-like creature, and there are lots of them. In the third room she continues fighting off the Metroid-like creatures followed by an ending boss fight. Then an ending cutscene will play out followed by credits.

The game is being made in Gamemaker Studio 2. I just need a level designer, and if willing, a sprite artist. I have a set of tilemap sprites that I have been using for test rooms, but I lack the ability to make a cohesive well-rounded map.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm not looking to hire. I'm just looking for fans that want to help make a fun Metroid-themed game in their spare time.

Thank you! PM me if you're interested and I will go into more detail on what I have so far.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 09:49:16 AM by jon-mil-92 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic