Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 04:44:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFroothies - A Cooking Management Sim about Smoothies
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Froothies - A Cooking Management Sim about Smoothies  (Read 1149 times)
KorbohneD
Level 0

Doing nothing all the time.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 03, 2022, 04:34:08 PM »

Greetings!

The internet knows me as KorbohneD and I am a passionete german Videogame developer, TTRPG content creator and minor enthusiast of beige wallpaper.
You can also find me at the following locations in the webs:

Twitter: @KorbohneD
My own Website: www.KorbohneD.de
Itchio: Itchio-KorbohneD
Discord: KorbohneD's Server or under KorbohneD#9014

If you ever want to collab on anything, just reach out to me! Very excited to talk to other devs here and check out all your projects!

In Froothies you will, as the name implies, plant fruit, harvest it, shred it into fine paste, fill that into bottles and sell it to various clientele to get money, only to then spend that all on more seeds and upgrades to your shop.
Repeat till you gathered enough fame to unlock the most precious of fruits and win the game.

If that sounds like a nice simple gameloop, I agree, it is. I especially tried to find a game idea, I can finally actually finish for once. I hope you join me on this journey and that we both make it to the end : D.

Newest Content

Working Inventory!

Lots of fruit, smoothies and the machine you mainly use to make liquid goodness!

Preliminary Design

The main operation Interface

After working hard in your shop, you can start shopping!

At the mornings you plant and harvest stuff for later that day.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 10:53:58 AM by KorbohneD » Logged
KorbohneD
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 11:59:42 AM »

After finally being somewhat satisfied with the mechanical content of the operation interface (the smoothie making part), I finally started to work on the plant screen.
And things progressed pretty fast! Not much to do here at all, at least for the first version of the game, which I am trying to reach.

As you can see in the screenshot, on the left side we have some seed boxes that get filled with the seeds you buy at the shop screen. If they run out, they will appear empty. Every seed has a kind of distinct color to tell them apart from others.

At the end of the game, you can have up to 12 pots for planting fruit. The first row will be already unlocked at the start.
Every plant will have a different length of time they need to grow and until they carry fruit.
Once they are fully grown, They can carry from one up to six fruit. Those can also be three kind of sizes.
The fruit will stay on the plant, as long as you don't pick them. If longer they are still on the plant, the bigger the chance that they will grow another size.

For storage, I just used the same code as in the operation interface, just with a bit of added code for the seedboxes to interact correctly. When you pick a fruit, you can just carry it over there, plop it in and you can access it while making smoothies. Though you have to be careful, once off the plant, the fruit will rot a couple of days later.

Next week I will probably already start on the shop interface, which I plan to make up like a website you watch on a computer screen, that you can buy upgrades and other stuff from.
KorbohneD
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 10:52:39 AM »

Not a single line of code was written.
But still did some work. Found a good name for the smoothie game and made a banner for itchio : D
Sadly not a lot else due to inforseen rl stuff happening.

KorbohneD
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 08:56:38 AM »

Again, I did not work on much this week, as lots of personal stuff got in the way that was more important.
I still managed to make up a "working" title menu for the game though.
And with "working" I mean you can start a new game, continue or click on options which still does not do anything : D
But at least everything has a nice booble effect, which I am pretty proud of and was way simpler to do than I though at first.

Video of the menu can be seen here:
https://korbohned.de/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Smoothiegame-Developer-Monday-2022-10-24-1.mp4
KorbohneD
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 09:11:33 AM »

For this week, I managed to design the shop part of the game. Where you buy upgrades, seeds, and other misc. stuff.
It will mainly function like a regular webshop with some pages to buy different stuff from and a shopping cart where you confirm your pay.
I tried to make it look like a regular computer screen, that you would have in front of you, of course, with made-up brands of operating system and browser type.
Next week I will try to implement code for this to work.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic