Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:54:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLooking for feedback: CCG + Darkest Dungeon (Creature Crit)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for feedback: CCG + Darkest Dungeon (Creature Crit)  (Read 1105 times)
pingu
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2022, 11:30:10 AM »

Gentleman Hi there fellas!

I've just released build 0.103 Simple Combat for my game Creature Crit.
It's my first solo project (although I am looking for an Art Director) and I really want to emphasize my development on the user's feedback.

Visit this link to play the game and leave feedback: https://iceicepingu.itch.io/creature-crit
(there is a form for that and it helps me immensely if you use it  Coffee)
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 08:27:52 PM »

Hey pingu,

I played your game:

DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 03:06:26 PM »

Hi,

I played your game for a little bit. I think it's a nice idea in general, but it needs a lot of polishing.

Some notes I've made on the playthrough:
- It's frustrating to be accused of "wrong target" when casting "All Enemies" card. Such cards should be auto-targeted no matter where I place them. Wink Also the "wrong target" voiceline is too loud. I mean... chill, man, I just misclicked, you don't need to bite my head off. Tongue
- Talking bout misclicking, I'd enjoy if the target boxes were bigger, much bigger than the actual minions.
- I'd make cards bigger in both states. Easier to handle and enjoy with your eyes.
- It would be nice if I could cast+target with one mouse move/drag/click (right now I have to 1. click to cast the card, 2. click to target ability... I want to do it in one move)
- The cards also make this classic glitch when you place cursor at the very bottom of it, the card will move up, suddenly above the cursor, which makes it sheathe again, in an infinite loop. If I remember correctly, making bigger "mouse-over shapes" or whats-it-called, is usually enough to solve it.

I know this is lots of technical shit that requires work but trust me, these things are very important in card games - the cards must be, simply put, polished and smooth. Wink

Another quality-of-life changer comes to mind, and that's telling the Color of minion without having to mouse over it. (I know the visuals reflect the color, like the black guy has a black cloak, but that could be misleading and can also limit you... maybe give everyone an icon next to their names or smthn)

As for the game itself, I would enjoy more complexity in the cards and also the positioning of minions (we are watching them stand there - it should matter where they stand). As a base though, it's totally fine.

You also asked for feedback on itch - I'll answer those questions here.

1. What did you like the most about the experience

I like cards in general and I was intruigued by the presence of antropomorphic creatures, as most humans are. However these creatures are placeholders, aren't they... well, the art actually looks a little rough around the edges anyway. (Not the quality of art, but the quality of images, and their literal edges)

2. What did you like the least?

Beside the rough edges, handling of cards (targeting) was most frustrating. Also the game yelling at me. Tongue

3. What were you most confused about?

The minion color actually, as I was not sure which indicators I can trust.

4. If this was your game, what features would you include?

Not sure what exactly you mean by this. But for me, CCG is not an CCG unless it has two things: Shitloads of cards, and multiplayer. But that's me, coming from a time when people used to make cards out of paper. Tongue

5. Will people be able to understand the basic concepts, with zero feedback and explanation from the game?

Yes and no.
Yes, because you are asking people who are so into games that they play indie games. Even those who don't will probably pick your game because the genre is already familiar to them.
But also no. Even intelligent people will surprise you by overlooking obvious things. For this reason, it's always best to have at least a basic explanation. Does not take that much work and prevents losing players who leave the game only because they somehow overlooked or misunderstood a key mechanic.

---

Hope these notes help a bit. It's kinda hard to make an opinion of a game where everything is a placeholder. But I do believe it could be made into something cool. Hope these combat tests will satisfy you. Wink

Keep up the good work! Beer!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 04:44:59 AM by DarkGran » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic