Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 01:47:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLooking for feedback on my small card game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for feedback on my small card game  (Read 889 times)
d40route
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2022, 04:39:20 PM »

Hi,

I just finished a small card game that is available for free on itch.io at this adress:
https://d40route.itch.io/noir-fold

The game is a card game where the player is a detective that has to get a murder suspect to confess.
You’ll have to play your cards right to get the suspect to trust you enough to start talking while also keeping his stress and fatigue low.

I am looking for feedback on the game (what do you like, dislike, what could be done better etc…)

Thanks!
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 08:26:34 PM »

Hey d40route,

I played your game:

DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 04:44:07 PM »

Hi!

I really liked the game, and I still do, even though in the end I found out the balance needs work (check out the remaining coins):

Still, I think it's really cool. The art, especially the cards, and the music, it creates such a great atmosphere. The voiceover too.

What I would work on:
- The main font is excellent, but there is also a more "cartoonish" one used (for some texts but also for the logo) which I think breaks the immersion.
- One bug: If I cancel playing a card (when being asked how many I want to play), all cards become unresponsive, End Turn too. Only "options" work, so I can leave, but the rest of the game is like frozen.
- The main menu could have smaller and more polished buttons. Also it felt a bit unresponsive (laggy) to me.
- The game balance, the power of Coin, the amount of RNG (compared to the amount of strategy/tactics), and the number (and complexity) of cards (in short: gameplay and content).

Improve those and you could have an excellent game I think. The atmosphere is perfect, cracking suspects is fun... it just gets too repetitive and too easy and too short way too soon... but despite that I still feel an urge to go and crack another suspect. Already cracked like a twenty.
Damn, the music so great and the cards so cool that I just might go talk to one more... and give him a cigarette, even though he doesn't need one. I do though.

As a fan of card games, I really hope you keep working on this. Grin
Good luck!  Gentleman
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 07:08:36 AM by DarkGran » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic