Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 12:39:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWhispers of West Grove - Multi-dimension Psychological Horror Game
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Whispers of West Grove - Multi-dimension Psychological Horror Game  (Read 2717 times)
NVNT Studios inc.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 27, 2022, 10:58:28 AM »

About
A survival horror game that explores the psychological nature of the player & tells a story themed around the hardship they’ve endured. Travelling between 3 dimensions, you must solve the mystery of your strange existence & escape the asylum in which you find yourself trapped.

Gameplay
Waking up in an asylum as one of its patients, you realize the doctor in charge has horrible plans for you. However, when you fall asleep, that's when you realize the true horrors of your situation. Your dreams are plagued by an alternate version of the asylum, where monsters inhabit the facility, and the laws of reality have been left behind. Using a modified flashlight with 3 different modes you discover that your world can be changed at the press of a button. Using this you can solve puzzles, defeat monsters, and explore parts of the asylum that defy reality to find your escape.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 07:11:19 AM by NVNT Studios inc. » Logged
NVNT Studios inc.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 07:49:15 AM »

Recently updated the player character, what do you think of the before and after?
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 09:33:22 PM »

Before looks like The Rock, after like Heisenberg to me. Is that intentional? I like the look of your game so far, keep up the good work!

mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2022, 05:01:28 AM »

Looks like a former president of Finland to me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urho_Kekkonen. Definitely a good thing.

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
NVNT Studios inc.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 06:26:34 AM »

Before looks like The Rock, after like Heisenberg to me. Is that intentional? I like the look of your game so far, keep up the good work!
That's hilarious and I can totally see it too! Thank you for your response that really brightened my day Smiley
NVNT Studios inc.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2022, 06:28:30 AM »

Looks like a former president of Finland to me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urho_Kekkonen. Definitely a good thing.
Such a good comparison! He literally has the same mouth lines and the glasses too!! Thanks for the good laugh Smiley
NVNT Studios inc.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2022, 06:30:03 AM »

Is that intentional?
Also no not intentional but now this is kind of a fun game, I wonder who else he looks like haha
NVNT Studios inc.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2022, 07:17:31 AM »

Released my YouTube Gameplay demo which you can check out here!

NVNT Studios inc.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2022, 06:32:12 AM »

Hey everyone, I'm back with an update of the progress I made this week. This week was slow as I've created 10+ different social media accounts from blogs to tweets but there has been some updates to the game nonetheless!
  • Enemies now have a visual health system. The more they are damaged the more shaky and unstable they become
  • The new title screen is 1/3 completed and brings better scenery, new music, and the ability to interact with it using the flashlight
If you want to see how I made the visual health system you can check out this video

NVNT Studios inc.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2022, 09:53:34 AM »

Created a short behind the scenes video for the intro cutscene to the demo!

NVNT Studios inc.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2022, 08:08:04 AM »

Update #2 - This has been a busy week but I'm on track to finish my tasks tomorrow which is relieving!
So far this is what I've got done:
  • Added enemy reaction when the player blocks or counters their attack (enemy moves backwards and their attack animation is disrupted as it transitions to a reaction animation).
  • The player now has movement incorporated when they are hit or block an enemy attack. This movement strength is based on what enemy type deals the attack (large enemies move player more, etc.) and blocking reduces the amount by half.
  • The enemy movement when they are hit or block the players attack has been updated to support different strengths based on the players weapon (bone saw does minimal movement when axe does a lot more).
  • Player fast block animation has been updated to an improved mocap animation that incorporates their full body.
  • Player block hold animation has been updated to an improved mocap animation that incorporates their full body.
  • Player damage animation has been updated to an improved mocap animation that incorporates their full body and uses a new state to prevent player action or other animations overriding the damage animation until it is finished.
  • Improved the player camera location for far and close camera by moving the player character off center and further tweaked the settings to reduce the camera collision from walls and objects leading to a jumpy camera. Also prevented the camera from entering the players head.
NVNT Studios inc.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2022, 11:19:53 AM »

Created a short video to show how you can use an AI (Stable Diffusion) to create textures for your game:

https://youtube.com/shorts/penzwnRDjA0?feature=share
NVNT Studios inc.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2022, 08:03:50 AM »

Update #3 - I've been busy designing a website for my company but I managed to still sneak a few updates into the game:
  • Added new player attack animations
  • Added enemy stumble when player uses heavy attack
  • Updated the third floor wall textures
NVNT Studios inc.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2022, 08:22:10 AM »

I thought I'd add some new screenshots and videos to check out this week.

NVNT Studios inc.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2022, 10:04:32 AM »

Just got approved on Steam!! https://store.steampowered.com/app/2228840/Whispers_of_West_Grove
NVNT Studios inc.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2022, 11:57:48 AM »

November update!

NVNT Studios inc.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2022, 07:47:30 AM »

Testing out the new destructible items, some give items, but others give souls.. The question is, should you hit a box that bleeds and drops a soul?

https://imgur.com/gallery/WoqWPDc

Planned improvements:
 - Gasp sounds from box
 - Reduced soul glow
NVNT Studios inc.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2022, 09:08:03 AM »

Spend the last week completely re-designing my games environment, here is a sneak peak into what I've done so far
NVNT Studios inc.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2022, 08:17:05 AM »

Been working on the new title screen, which you can view in 3 different dimensions
https://imgur.com/gallery/OxsASDx
NVNT Studios inc.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2023, 08:05:21 AM »

I've been working on level design and thought it's ready to post an update!
  • New room textures
  • Improved and new decals
  • Improved camera to prevent wall clipping
  • New room props
  • Improved lighting
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic