Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:01:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeBlind Collaboration Experiment [Teams Assigned!]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Author Topic: Blind Collaboration Experiment [Teams Assigned!]  (Read 22956 times)
Kadoba
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2009, 01:52:18 PM »

@Aquin

Forgot to include the fmod.dll
EchoP
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2009, 02:03:30 PM »

Aw crap, I don't have a graphics card with pixel shader or vertex shader!  Can you post a gameplay vid, Echo?
Does it allow you to install the framework? If you have done that, there may be a way to get it to run (albeit slowly). I'll upload a vid tonight regardless  Smiley
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2009, 02:07:30 PM »

Thanks for catching that Kadoba.  I always forget about the DLLs!  Tongue

To answer a comment about "what do I do in the game?" (not in this thread.)  Uh...there isn't anything to do yet.  In about 2 weeks, I should have a much better idea of how the game is actually played using the gameplay featured in the prototype.

I hope, anyway.

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Kevin
« Reply #143 on: August 27, 2009, 08:46:02 PM »

Aquin: I like it. Even though I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing it's fun to play around with. If you're planning on continuing this outside the confines of the collaboration, I can probably help out a bit on the graphical end of things(assuming the workload won't be too heavy). Feel free to ask for whatever, whenever.

As for the experiment in general, I thought it was great. I'd like to have another go at it, as I felt a bit... inhibited or shy about it or something. The great thing about this for me is that it has the potential to spawn not only some great games, but also some really funny ones based on a total graphics/music/gameplay mismatch. I figured most games would be some kind of shooter, so I drew some bland shooter-type sprites which I thought had the best chance of fitting well with whatever the programmer whipped up. I wish I'd been a bit more creative and just drawn whatever.

To sum up: we should do this again some time!
EchoP
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2009, 04:39:24 AM »

pgil
« Reply #145 on: August 28, 2009, 06:42:46 AM »

Aquin: I thought it was a really cool concept. I was having fun hitting the enemy soldiers while keeping the good guys out of the line of fire. It's a pretty unique control sceme, so it will be fun to see what kind of gameplay emerges from that. I should be able to help out.. maybe with some more suitable music  Big Laff

EchoP: GAhh! That's crazy. It's too bad my computer doesn't like XNA.
sloopygoop
Level 0

8-bit magical sounds...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: August 28, 2009, 06:20:01 PM »

Thanks for posting that video, Echo.  I'm cracking up at how strange it all is--the surreal sprites and background, the frantic pace and pressure of the game, and the unbelievably laid-back nature of of the music.  I'll have to try to play it on a different computer sometime.

My music:
roboprez
Level 1

Got to love them pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2009, 03:35:12 AM »

Gah my artist after a week still hasn't contacted me Crazy. I really want to see how this is going to turn out Cry
If he doesn't contact Ill just post the game with filler graphics

Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2009, 12:24:58 PM »

Gah my artist after a week still hasn't contacted me Crazy. I really want to see how this is going to turn out Cry
If he doesn't contact Ill just post the game with filler graphics
I was contacted but never actually got the graphics.

Strangely the game is somewhat like the one with a big beard man on the background :D

Working on HeliBrawl
roboprez
Level 1

Got to love them pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: September 03, 2009, 05:40:43 PM »

Well JosephCh still hasn't contacted me so here's the game with Miroslav Malešević's Music and filler graphics.
.zip
http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=download&fileid=82746
.ace
http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=download&fileid=82745

Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2009, 06:31:29 PM »

So, what'd you guys think of the collab overall? I had a lot of fun designing sprites and such, and I was excited to  just see them put to use in a game, but that's just me.
Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2009, 02:17:47 AM »

I would have loved to get the graphics Shrug
Morale: you just can't trust graphic artists  :D (Just kidding)

I think I'll beef up the filler graphics and post the game soon.

Working on HeliBrawl
EchoP
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2009, 03:06:16 AM »

I really enjoyed it, and would probably be up for doing it again, but it needs a bit of tweaking. Maybe set a general theme for everyone to work towards (or a different theme for each team).

Or, make it more focused, ie. put everyone into team of 3 (like here), give them a theme, and they can work together to make the game. This strays much more from this line of experiment, and further towards convention, but putting 3 randoms who have not worked together on a game could produce interesting results. Or they can discuss it, but only for a short time after the theme is released.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2009, 06:26:15 AM »

I think it'd be cool to keep the random assignments, but have time for polish, to add some sprite animations or a cute splash screen to fit the game.
sloopygoop
Level 0

8-bit magical sounds...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2009, 09:35:04 AM »

I love the randomness that this project had, with its completely blind aspect.  If it were to be theme-based, it would lose a lot of that randomness. 

Maybe it could be genre-based, though: We all knew that the end results would be shooters of some kind.  Maybe next time we'd all be working on a platformer, or a puzzle game, or something.

My music:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic