Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 05:57:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessYoutubers promoting indie games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Youtubers promoting indie games  (Read 5347 times)
andersnk
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2022, 03:05:11 PM »

Hi everyone, looking into how to get my game out to more people and was hoping to get some help here.
A question that has been asked many times on here, how to market my for free? I read some great responses on here, especially this one by Ramos: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=73630.msg1452207#msg1452207
He mentions that there are many more smaller youtubers that showcases indie games for free, does anyone know which others there are besides the ones he mentions?

If anyone knows of small or medim sized youtubers that regularly does platforming games, I'm also very interested. I realize these might require payment, but I can afford spending a little.

Thank you all in advance :D

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 07:43:18 AM »

If you have some time you can make your own youtube email lists.

Search for videos with a game similar to yours(similar target audience) and you will see exactly what type of YouTubers cover this type of game. After that invest some time in scanning them.

What do I scan when creating my email lists for YouTubers:
- the number of subscribers
- the amount of engagement per video(likes and comments) in the report to the subs(this can help you evaluate if he got fake engagement or if his channel is dead)
- the flow on which videos are released(this can help you evaluate if his channel is alive or dead)
- the type of content must include my target audience
- the quality of his videos(this is good if you also aim for long-term branding)
- last time he was active(this can help you evaluate if his channel is alive or dead)

After this split the list into 5 emails per day on a timeline and start sending emails.

OFC keep in mind: try to make the emails custom for best results or not necessarily custom but at least adjusted for each content creator. Also research them a bit before sending emails because some of them can also be contacted via Discord/Twitter

As an extra note:
I will be using Gmail when sending out the pres kit because it is most likely not to get into the spam folder.
If you have anything else do check your email chances of reaching into the spam folder here: https://www.mail-tester.com/test-kc6vi0zve or just google for any mail testers.

Additionally, you can also use Keymailer and Indieboost free services but I can only recommend those sites if you already have experience in scanning YouTubers because 80% of YouTubers from those sites are scammers and you can end up with game keys sold on third-party sites(a thing that can devalue your game) and no videos

You can also post a free demo on Itch.io and Gamejolt and you will get a few extra videos(many YouTubers lurk those sites but note that most of them are very small and if you aim for an exclusivity approach it's not worth it unless it's after release)

hope this helps.

Gentleman
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 07:48:33 AM by Ramos » Logged

andersnk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 01:58:33 PM »

Thanks for the detailed response Ramos. I've thought it a daunting task to to find the creators that match our criteria, but your method seems sound. I will give it a go Smiley!
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 08:38:16 AM »

I'm a small youtuber who would be happy to cover your game on my GAMEDEV FEEDBACK segment. LMK.

andersnk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 02:12:28 PM »

Sounds great, sent you a PM.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic