Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:31:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallMultitasking platformer HatMania
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Multitasking platformer HatMania  (Read 744 times)
andersnk
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2022, 07:40:23 AM »

Hi everyone, my friend and I finally finished our hobby project HatMania. It's a platformer where you control two characters at the same time with the same inputs. We think it was a somehwat unique idea back in 2013 when we came up with it. We made most of the fun parts quite fast, but also ran into some challenges with the graphics, since none of us are very good at that. These problems together with having to finish all the boring parts, caused us some pretty long delays. We made it in Unity, but otherwise made and learned everything else along the way. Probably would have been wise to look into communities such as this one earlier.
But now it's finished and we're quite happy with how it turned out. At least we think it is fun to play ourselves. Hopefully some of you think so as well :D

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1839050/HatMania/

I'd love to hear any feedback you might have, be it praise or constructive criticism.
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 08:57:30 AM »

Hi, you guys gave me a key for this game I think. I like the split world concept in theory. This implementation isn't all there yet imo. Firstly some of the early bad guys are difficult to predict which makes the early levels frustrating. Secondly, I'd love to see popup text and some thematic narrative elements that fit with the SPLIT theme of the multiple worlds. Something to get me invested in the project, mysteries to uncover. Also there should be more puzzles, block pushing, switches, communicating between the two worlds, not just avoiding bad guys. Another idea is to add a sword or weapons that you can attack the bad guys.

There is a lot to play with there in terms of narrative, themes, and game play that would be quite interesting.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic