Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1412020 Posts in 69444 Topics- by 58481 Members - Latest Member: Umiii7

June 19, 2024, 11:21:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUpcoming hack n slash game and tutorial series
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Upcoming hack n slash game and tutorial series  (Read 716 times)
Action Tad
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 16, 2022, 02:50:10 PM »

The game will be an adventure hack n slash platformer with various stages, a boss stage and different endings.
I'm also going over step by step how it is made with the tabageos open source library.
A few of the introductory tutorial videos are online, and as I complete the game more will be released
and when the game is complete a full tutorial series on how to make it will be available along side it.
Here are some screen shots of development so far:

Level 1 and initial enemy interactions

Basic lighting effects

Boss stage prototype

Action Tad
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 01:06:27 PM »

I'm still working on this platformer and tutorial.

The next video series for it will go over advanced scene creation, lighting and parallax.
And then I plan to release the game after that tutorial.

I will also be releasing an open world rpg. Classic collect items and go to many different places from a world map,
with action style cut scene random battles on the world map.

The thing with the platformer is that I started to use much proprietary art.
With the rpg I will be able to fully distribute the art myself.
One will have to get and construct the sprite sheet for the platformer tutorial.
But the open rpg will be ready made with art, and go alongside it's own special tool also.

I've also been working on my isometric set of code and a major game made with it.
The third video tutorial series will be that of using the isometric classes of the library.
Some of those tutorials will actually come out shortly first before the platformer and rpg.

Action Tad
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 01:55:02 PM »

Progress on platformer, parallax and foreground.
I've updated the tool that is used for drawing out scenes, now the drawing area can be much bigger allowing for an easier time when drawing out such big scenes. The game will be a simple hack and slash to the end, with some big bosses in between.
It will come out alongside a full video series explaining how it is made.

Before that I would like to release one video going over how to set up isometric scenes for direct touch,
and also the introductory open rpg video. I hope to finish all three tutorial series by the end of February.
When complete one would have a full overview of everything for making many kinds of 2D games.
Action Tad
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2023, 01:11:06 PM »

Work continues. This has turned into three separate tutorials, with two games. A platformer game and tutorial and an rpg game and tutorial and a isometric tutorial. With all three I aim to show most of the major aspects of the tabageos open source library.

This is what the rpg looks like so far;

The code for the isometric tutorial as of now is here; https://codepen.io/Contrapenner/pen/LYBoXOM

Hopefully by the end of February all three video tutorials will be up and both games released, stay tuned!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic