Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411427 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:32:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallOf Moons and Mania
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Of Moons and Mania  (Read 497 times)
Absurd_Walls
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2022, 07:17:54 AM »

Hi all! Of Moons and Mania is my first hand account of my psychotic break, in game form, and it comes out December 16th 

Inhabit my mind as I lose my grasp on reason. Attempt to piece together cogent responses to questions from doctors, friends, and family as psychosis takes over, and ultimately try to get back to stability.

Developer Statement

I started making this game several years after being hospitalized for a manic episode. I was fixated on the experience for the whole time. Trying to piece together what was real and what was dreamt, trying to even remember the sequence of events in chronological order, and every so often when I thought I had shaken the grip of obsessing about the hospitalization, I would have flashbacks that opened up my freshly healed wounds.

As a game developer, I was fascinated by some of the systems of thought that were going on in my head, and that gave me the idea for this game. I designed game mechanics and systems to tell the story of my psychosis in a different way than I have seen it expressed before.

Making the game really helped me with my flashbacks and organized the way I thought about my illness, and the experience of my hospitalization. I hope that it gives other people some insight into my brain and also into the nature of psychosis and manic depression.

WISHLIST ON STEAM
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2185400/Of_Moons_and_Mania/?beta=0

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic