Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:40:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosNatural language processing (conversational AI) in games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Natural language processing (conversational AI) in games  (Read 439 times)
flowerthief
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: December 04, 2022, 12:13:32 PM »

My interest these days is in natural language processing in games with narrative. I became proficient at a programming language called Chatscript which is used to build chatbots but also has applications in gaming. Most likely you haven't heard of Chatscript. There are not many people who know how to use it, but it's the best framework out there for building rule-based chat AI.

You can try here an NLP text game I developed with Chatscript, which is psychological horror. It's short but I think it's about the strongest example of AI with text parser that you can find in a game.

I'm in the middle of development for another parser game with chat AI that will be larger and more graphical. (Will announce it properly next year)

Some of the things that are possible:

• The AI can initiate topics of its own, not only react to the user's.
  • The AI can be instructed to remember specific facts.
  • The AI understands common misspellings and internet slang. (foreign languages are also possible)
  • The AI can access knowledge bases. In my game linked above try mentioning the title of a famous video game, book, movie, tv show, actor, etc and there's a decent chance you get a relevant remark.
  • Possible for multiple AI sharing some or all of the body of rules to co-exist.
  • Possible to integrate into a Unity WebGL game. (separate server is required, normally)

So if you're looking for someone who can do such a thing, I'm your guy. I can also do full-stack web development generally. Angular, NodeJS, .NET, etc. It just needs to be a project that can make money.

Regards!

« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 01:10:15 PM by flowerthief » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic