Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:58:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallReditus: An Octopath/FF6ish Jrpg from an RPG Lover
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Reditus: An Octopath/FF6ish Jrpg from an RPG Lover  (Read 728 times)
MKingdom
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2022, 05:25:25 AM »

So my game is for all you JRPG lovers. I was heavily inspired by Octopath Traveler and Final Fantasy VI. So I decided to put both of them together and I got Reditus. The combat is turn based. The story is written by me. I just released a trailer after working at a sluggish pace for almost two and half years. I hope you enjoy the trailer.

If the trailer really sparks your interest you can play the prototype here: https://gamejolt.com/games/Reditus/762753

I'd really appreciate any feedback you guys have. Thanks.

Sincerely
Yashua Lebowitz
Jericho Studios
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 05:57:02 AM by MKingdom » Logged
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 12:30:21 PM »

Hey, welcome to the forums and nice teaser!

Just so you know there also is a "devlog" section where you can share developer updates of your in-progress game. But realize that it won't be like discord or steam, this is a place with other game devs so if people react it will mostly be curious people with feedback on the development process. That's just another way of saying that trying to market the game through here it will be frustrating, but if you want to find some feedback from other game devs you might have more luck.

A good way to attract feedback from other developers here is to have a (polite, not oversized) link in your forum signature so that others here can easily find your forum threads, and then to interact on other game dev threads. Don't force it, just look around for other games that look interesting to you and chat - that's the best chance you'll bump into developers on the right wavelength after all!
MKingdom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 02:18:19 AM »

I can't figure out how to get screen shots in my posts for the life of me. I even read forum and documentation. I tried giving the link of the screen from somewhere in here---> but nothing appears.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 02:59:38 AM »

Can you paste a plain link? Then I can try to show how to turn it into an image, or help figure out why it doesn't work at least
MKingdom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 08:01:59 AM »

https://gamejolt.com/games/Reditus/762753#screenshot-1420505
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2022, 01:09:54 PM »

Ah. So the problem is that that's not a direct link to an image file (like a JPG or WebP), but to a gallery that shows an image file.

You need to host your images on something that lets you direct-link the jpgs, like imgur.com or neocities.org. Or self-host of course.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic