Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:54:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHow do you usually read the TIG Devlogs in your daily routine?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How do you usually read the TIG Devlogs in your daily routine?  (Read 2078 times)
Kanyenke
Level 0

Emiliano Dev

View Profile WWW
« on: December 20, 2022, 05:45:15 AM »

So I have been around the forums in and out for some time, and I really really know that there is a lot of devlog goodness in here; but i cant seem to have a comfortable way of reading logs here.

It would be amazing if I could for instance export all to my kindle (no real way to do that tho, even with tools like the Export to Kindle extension).

Did you just get used to it? What's your daily routine to read stuff here?
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 03:22:11 AM »

I'm not sure that my answer is helpful, but I... simply find the logs easy enough to read for my purposes.

That said, I am reading them on a computer monitor--I do imagine that they might be less-comfortable on a mobile device, especially if they have large images.

As to a daily routine, I don't really log on all that regularly, but when I do log on what I usually do is this:

I go to "Show unread posts since last visit" and sift through the threads there; those of interest I open in new tabs. Once I've gone through the whole list, or whatever portion of it I'm inclined to look through at the time, I then look through the opened threads one at a time. Finally, once I'm done with that, I return once more to the first page of the "unread posts" list, and see whether anything new and of interest has appeared; if something has, I then look at that, too.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 07:05:20 PM »

Every few weeks I remember I havent looked at the devlogs then spend an hour or so looking through all the awesome stuff in the devlogs forums.

It work for me but sometimes I forget. It would be cool if the devlogs forums could have RSS updates but I'm not sure whether or not that would actually work in practice.

Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 11:05:11 PM »

I spend some work time or home time every day to forums, either way I'm on a huge desktop with multiple monitors. I simply use the "Unread posts since last visits" and read everything that stands out. Devlogs without a genre in the title won't be clicked upon most of the time, threads without pictures are largely ignored as well. I stick with with technical discussions or nice visuals.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 02:02:50 AM »

... Devlogs without a genre in the title won't be clicked upon most of the time, ...

Interesting! I hadn't thought that having the genre in the thread-title might be important to some! (I can see now why it might be so, I daresay, but this hadn't previously occurred to me, as far as I recall.)

(Well, I've updated my own thread's title in response, then.)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic