Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1404747 Posts in 68420 Topics- by 62078 Members - Latest Member: Megafon

February 06, 2023, 02:25:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLandline (working title) - Prevent a Murder Case with a Telephone
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Landline (working title) - Prevent a Murder Case with a Telephone  (Read 425 times)
Jungwoo Yom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 24, 2022, 10:10:16 AM »

LANDLINE
A Telephone Action Game

Summary
Landline is a game about using telephone to prevent a murder case that can happen in the hotel on the other side of the street.

Motivation
It seems most games these days are, regardless of their genre, requires you to move the character. So I wanted to do something different. And it was actually my biggest motivation to start creating this game.

Gameplay
Current plan is to create a tiny systemic game.

Graphics
All the sprites you can see in the image above are placeholder. I am not good at drawing, but I'll improve them anyhow.

About the Title
I know it's mundane. But hopefully, Landline is just a working title and I am probably going to change it later. But I will call it this way for now.

Thanks for reading. Join the mailing list if you want to be notified when there's news about the game. I am not going to annoy you by sending emails everyday. So don't worry!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 07:49:36 AM by Jungwoo Yom » Logged

Underliner is out now on Steam

I am currently working on Landline, a game about using telephone to prevent a murder case.
Check out the devlog.
mobilelast
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 01:01:41 AM »

Can you make prank calls and see the reactions? Cell phone generations don’t know what they miss in times you weren’t able to identify the caller.

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
Jungwoo Yom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 07:48:59 AM »

Can you make prank calls and see the reactions? Cell phone generations don’t know what they miss in times you weren’t able to identify the caller.
Maybe it's not exactly prank call, but players can utilize the loophole you mentioned to manipulate the situation.

Thanks Smiley

I am currently working on Landline, a game about using telephone to prevent a murder case.
Check out the devlog.
Jungwoo Yom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 09:08:02 AM »

Devlog - January 26, 2023

Long time no see! It's been quite a while since I posted the first devlog. It's a bit late, but happy new year Smiley

Although I haven't uploaded anything for a few weeks, I've made a lot of progress so far.

You can now call the hotel staff and ask for a room service on the other side of the street. This is possible because, like mobilelast mentioned, the person who answers the phone couldn't identify the caller back in the days. Maybe actual hotels in those era used internal phone lines, but hey.

Anyway, players will be able to use this trick in many circumstances. And asking for a room service is one of many things players can do with the telephone. I am still working on this aspect of the game, so I'll return to this subject later.

Also, there have been a lot of fixes and changes too. Mostly related to the core mechanic.

Thanks for reading. If you are interested in this game, I suggest you to join my mailing list.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 09:17:01 AM by Jungwoo Yom » Logged

Check out the devlog.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic