Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:30:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingUncharted Lands: Beginning [shooter, roguelike]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Uncharted Lands: Beginning [shooter, roguelike]  (Read 1812 times)
spectrobyte
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2023, 10:46:55 PM »

Hello everyone. I've recently released my new game. The game is a mix of a shooter and roguelike. Pseudo 3d graphics like in Wolfenstein 3d, but it has some additional features like dynamic lighting.
I would like to get some feedback on the game Beer!

gameplay -

itch.io(free demo) - https://spectrobyte.itch.io/ul-beginning
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 01:24:47 AM by spectrobyte » Logged
DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 05:43:48 AM »

Hi,
I always welcome a dungeon crawl so I checked it out. Wink Made some notes.

- Oh boy I wish I could look around with mouse. Or if it had any function for that matter. (the game required only one hand so I had my other hand on the mouse anyway...)
- Did not mind AD as Turn and shift+AD as Strafe, however i'd prefer QE as Turn and AD as Strafe.
- View-distance seems weirdly short. Even with a candle the floor and walls are disappearing about 2 meters from me, no more. I want to overlook the room I've just entered. Smiley Also hunting Archer so short-sighted was a bit silly. :p
(edit: I get that it's meant to be "in the dark", but that does not rly work anyway, because all objects that I do see in that distance - like the minions - are fully lit. Therefore the whole feel is more "something is technically wrong" than "it's soooo dark in here". TBH I think if you raise the distance, it will have the same feeling of darkness.)
- Long turns near walls kinda made me wanna vomit. xD (Especially the green walls in maze. xD) It's a little bit because of the texture quality (I think), but mostly because of the Field of View, which is either way too high or way too low for your game (dunno which one right now).
- When binding spells, I had no idea how to tell the game which spell I want to bind. Most of the time I was just rebinding the first spell, not even sure how I managed to bind the second (candle).
- Didn't find a way to interact with things. I wanted to touch/loot/investigate the statues, after a while I just destroyed 'em, but nothing dropped.

Honestly for me the only downside is the controls, I'd expect mouse-look nowadays, but otherwise I think it's a nice start. Smiley (also kudos on the procedural level generation)
I liked how the maze changed as I moved through it. xD (just like life)

Cheers and keep up the magic. Wizard
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 06:15:31 AM by DarkGran » Logged
spectrobyte
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 11:12:50 PM »

Thanks for your feedback. About binding spells. First tap will bind a key to a spell on the left page, if you tap again same button it will bind the key to a spell on the right page. Please, checkout a gameplay video, I'm showing there some feature of the game including controls Coffee
spectrobyte
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023, 03:20:07 AM »

Finally, we've released the game. You can find it on steam
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic