Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411499 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 09:36:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignhow to add 3D content into a game/private server
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: how to add 3D content into a game/private server  (Read 4510 times)
tooty123
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2023, 05:45:11 PM »

hey all, so
i asked a moderator who runs a private server i play, if they would take on graphic developers for new content in the server. unfortunately they have no idea how to import custom 3D content (clothing, mounts etc etc) that are made in blender/3Ds max into the game.

could you explain or share some guides/walkthroughs on how one would go about adding 3D content they have made in blender/3Ds max into a private server/game please. my dream is to become a 3D graphic developer and have the content i create within a game i both play and like. any help would be highly appreciated. thanks

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 10:37:52 AM »

This is really a technical question and it depends a lot on the game you are playing. Some games cannot be modified easily, while others are designed to have mods added. Sadly, my best advice is for you to google the answer even though google doesn't work too well for me personally.

[email protected]
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 01:40:09 PM »

The main issue is the multitude of 3D formats. Quake source ports use at least 3 different model formats (BSP for the maps, at least 2 formats for character models). My own games were chugging along fine with glTF and OBJ, but to speed up loading I made a custom format that required running a command-line tool to convert from OBJ. It's no surprise people don't know how to do these things.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic