Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:37:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingA Demo of my zombie test project for design
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A Demo of my zombie test project for design  (Read 851 times)
LonelyGameDev
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2023, 09:05:04 PM »

Yo, I wanted to upload a small demo of my prototype zombie shooter to discuss and experiment with design sense I still sorta dunno if the game will play well. and I want to bounce some ideas off with some people

Some thing's to note.
1: it's only for windows
2: i know it's very unpolish. this is mostly for design but i will fix something if it's gamebreaking
3: sometimes the controls will become unresponsive. i think it as something to do with unity input system but i dunno how to fix it
4: while there is a tutorial. it's not great. and doesn't go into detail each character ability(which I will go over later in this post)
5: forgot to add it in the tutorial but you can only open the store when you're not fighting
6: i didn't explain how the store menu works. so it as 3 tabs. one for you're inventory which contains all your current weapons and when you click on them it will show a menu where you can sell them. if you can akimbo there's also a option to buy a second one. and the 3rd one for refueling the ammo pool. there's one for refilling your health(the money doesn't update unless you reopen the store menu). then there's the actual store where you can buy weapons(note I forgot to fill out some of their descriptions)
7 and finally: the characters you can select. there are 3. Demo(rip off of demoman) got a gernade launcher and pistol and can roll through enemys when you press space. John which starts with a M16 and as a riot shield for blocking bullets when you press space
and if you press shift you can push back(all the melee doesn't have animations) enemies and stuns them for a bit. then finally there's claria who starts with a sword and a a pistol(she can akimbo most weapons). and her abilitie is a dodge that will go through enemies

that's about all i can think of but if you have any questions i'd be happy to help when I can
here's the game: https://lonelygamedev.itch.io/zombietestproject
DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 07:16:15 AM »

Hi. Smiley

Honestly I'm not sure what we're testing here, as the game is clearly pretty bare-bone. But I did make some notes anyway:

- Zombies run too fast for my taste. :p
- I move too slow when reloading. :p (don't mind being debuffed, it just seems too strong)
- I hate how even one zombie easily stops me, as it feels like a friction/collision thing. I guess it would be ok if the zombie had animation of grabbing me (or attempting to).
- The name select gui seemed a little frustrating to me - I can't read the other names and toggle takes kinda forever. Wink

Technically it seemed all fine. And I liked pushing the zombies with Spacebar. xD

Keep up the good work. Coffee
LonelyGameDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2023, 01:59:00 AM »

Hi. Smiley

Honestly I'm not sure what we're testing here, as the game is clearly pretty bare-bone. But I did make some notes anyway:

- Zombies run too fast for my taste. :p
- I move too slow when reloading. :p (don't mind being debuffed, it just seems too strong)
- I hate how even one zombie easily stops me, as it feels like a friction/collision thing. I guess it would be ok if the zombie had animation of grabbing me (or attempting to).
- The name select gui seemed a little frustrating to me - I can't read the other names and toggle takes kinda forever. Wink

Technically it seemed all fine. And I liked pushing the zombies with Spacebar. xD

Keep up the good work. Coffee

Oh hi thanks for actually playing despite me being dormant on this account. not really playtesting like anything like level and bugs. this is more just for talking about design and stuff. one thing I will say is that I don't think there's actually a bebuff when reloading in the code. I could be wrong sense that could've been a feature in a Character that I now dropped from the game. it was originally designed around dashing through enemys so that's why they sorta go really fast. and thanks for the well wishes! still working on it and Added more features(including a level ranking system. adding new depth to the melee and just overall redesigning the combat)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic