Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 02:11:43 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingStarfighter [3d arcade]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Starfighter [3d arcade]  (Read 1305 times)
spectrobyte
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2023, 09:46:57 PM »

Just released an experimental game. Working on a software renderer, decided to do something small but playable, download: itch.io
gameplay

DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 06:41:15 AM »

Hello there. Smiley

The wireframes reminded me of some games for 64bit Atari. Grin Which is fine, but the ship seems to be so high-poly that I wished it had at least faces. :p

Otherwise the basic concept, shooting asteroids, is a classic, I just had a little issue with mouse controls - as if the spot around where the ship is had a different sensitivity, making the ship "glitch/stutter" a bit whenever I drag my mouse over it (eg. when I was aiming up (above ship) and I want to aim down now (below ship)). Kinda harder to describe than I thought it would be when it was happening to me... Tongue

Also I did not level up once, but I think that top number of asteroids I had was only 10 or something (I was focusing on other things so I was dying a lot). Did not find anything "wrong" besides the mouse thing above. Wink

As it's more of a technical thing than a game, the only thing I can say here is "good job", as it ran smoothly even on my trash-on-fire PC. Wink (i'd really be interested in seeing more complex/complete renders tho Smiley)

Cheers. Coffee
spectrobyte
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 10:59:57 PM »

Thanks for playing the game and the review. I've not decided yet what I want from the renderer, continue working on renderer itself and add textures or maybe create a game something like Elite, so decided to postpone the project for a while and working on my next game:)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic