Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:17:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMoldering
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Moldering  (Read 11418 times)
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 12:11:39 PM »

nice work!
looks really good!

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 02:17:36 PM »

Awesome stuff! Wizard Hand Thumbs Up Right

BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 12:20:21 PM »

Thanks guys! It's a lot of fun working on Moldering, and words of encouragement are always welcome!
rje
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 08:02:31 PM »

Looking great, keep it up!   Gentleman
BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 06:40:13 PM »

Just a short update. I scripted out the intro cut scene and I am pretty pleased with it, if I do say so myself. The graphics aren't final, but I'm going to tweak it a bit more and extend it, and maybe I'll post a video online.

I'd definitely like to get some feedback!
BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 02:18:57 PM »

Here's a teaser for one of the cutscenes. The music is original for Moldering, but keep in mind most of the graphics are placeholders. Except the house, lol Tongue

The quality was a little downgraded after uploading to youtube. Let me know what you guys think!

James

[P.S. Does anyone know how to embed a video into a forum post?]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 05:21:07 PM by MolderingDevTeam_James » Logged
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 02:29:11 PM »

This is looking pretty awesome.
Also, as far as I know you can't embed videos here. Common practice is to post a screenshot of the video with the media controls visible and make it a link to the actual video

BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 02:52:19 PM »

I can't seem to figure out how to put an image in a link.
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 03:59:58 PM »

just put the url tag around the image tag, like
Code:
[url=http://your.url][img]yourimgurl[/img][/url]

BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 05:21:23 PM »

EDIT: Link modified

Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2010, 06:41:35 PM »

I approve. That's a pretty snazzy intro scene. Keep up the good work!  Gentleman
BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2010, 12:42:01 PM »

Just a small update so you guys know we're not dead. We've made great strides lately in the game's actual design. We've mapped out some really great things. It's a great breather to step away from programming and to just think creatively about how the game will work out.

On other news we've been spotlighted in Pixel Prospector's '190 Free Indie Games in 10 Minutes'. As little amount of publicity it is, it's still publicity, and for that we're grateful.

We'll sure to keep you guys updated.

-James
BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2010, 06:38:23 PM »

Hey guys, check the first post for a download link to the first public demo of Moldering!!!

Please keep in mind that it serves only as a tech demo and lacks the content that will be in the actual game.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 08:59:22 PM »

heck yeah an update. and a demo  Shocked

I think I explored every thing. Really nice graphics, and I love the animations. Movement physics feel very good. Lovely smooth engine Hand Thumbs Up Left

Definite Knytt vibe, but the graphics really make it stand out.
BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2010, 10:17:26 PM »

Thanks! I'm glad you took a look at it. It's only slightly representative of the final product, but I think it's good to put it out there and get feedback.
chegr
Level 0

Don't play baseball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2010, 09:52:00 AM »

Cool! I won't count bugs, i think you know it for yourselves (swimming up to solid room is the worst), i'll rather say it's definitely awesome and easy to play. I hope boxes will swim too but no just fall Grin
Goodj.

BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2010, 12:22:58 PM »

That's a good idea. Thanks for playing and leaving feedback!
BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2010, 07:30:42 AM »

Click at the bottom for the latest alpha build. Consider this to be a little playground to try out the new features.

A few big changes here:
1) I changed the movement a whole lot. I didn't like how easily he could get around and the controls felt floaty so I toned him down and made him more responsive/grippy. Let me know how you think it feels.

2) I added gamepad support. Currently I've only tested it for an Xbox360 controller, but it works great. Let me know if it works or not on your other gamepads.

3) I added ledge-grabbing and hook hanging. If that doesn't mean anything to you, you'll have to just try it out. Smiley

A few small changes:
1) I made it so that the player will snap to the contour of a slope when walking down it. This was to make it so if the player wanted to jump but was walking too fast off of a slope they still could, rather then falling off the slope as they walked down it (which wouldn't let them jump without the double jump because they were in the air). Any thoughts?

2) I also made it so the player moves slower when walking up steep slopes.

One more thing. If you know what flattr is, please use the button below. Smiley
DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?13rgsjizih503d2

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:40:38 AM by MolderingDevTeam_James » Logged
BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2010, 06:23:57 PM »

Just a quick little dev update. I did a lot of optimization to this today. I profiled the project and optimized a lot of the routines that were eating up cpu cycles. Faster game = more fps = betterness for everyone! *parties*
BrixxieBee
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2010, 04:13:49 PM »

Anyone interested in picking up some of the art for this? I tweak and polish the hell out of the gameplay, but for this project to be truly successful (I won't stop until it's the best it can be), I'll need the artwork and presentation to be polished too. Unfortunately, I suck at art, and for a great game to be truly superb it needs top presentation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic