Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411744 Posts in 69406 Topics- by 58458 Members - Latest Member: oiledsurvivor

May 23, 2024, 04:11:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMy first game, Witch's Cauldron, has been released!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My first game, Witch's Cauldron, has been released!  (Read 1503 times)
Edvard_dante
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2023, 10:29:18 AM »

Greetings! Hope this email finds you well.

We'd like you to check out our game. It's a narrative rogue-like where every choice matters.

What's it about:
A pact-bound witch has to brew potions to help people. They come to visit you every day, seeking healing, novel experiences or in pursuit of more nefarious interests.

By providing them with different potions you influence the outcome of events. At first you know a couple of simple recipes but as you progress you unlock more by experimenting with available ingredients or by following hints that some NPCs can provide. No matter what horrible end befalls you, you get to keep all unlocked recipes on further replays.

The variety of potions and plot twists ensure high replayability. Some endings, recipes and game mechanics only become available after beating the game or successful completion of certain events.

Similar games: Strange Horticulture, Reigns, Potion Craft.

Steam!

Many thanks
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 12:32:54 AM by Edvard_dante » Logged
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 10:35:49 AM »

This seems like an interesting concept, and the art in your trailer is very professional.

But I'm not so sure why I'm rooting for or empathizing with the characters here, or even what they do in the trailer. For example, when the first gameplay segment was shown, I didn't realize that the player character was the witch instead of the knight on the left. That's probably my own personal bias, but I think a lot of people are going to be confused by that as its presented. In fact, the idea that you are the potion supplier instead of the knight is sort of a hook for your game: you don't need to do a 90s record scratch to reveal that you are the potion master, but the idea of the misdirection is interesting to play with in your marketing.

Also, why does the witch make potions? For fun, for money? There has to be a motivation for why I care about her. If she makes these potions and then gets destroyed by a mob of haters, why doesn't she just get a job at denny's or something?

Edvard_dante
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 10:44:07 AM »

Thank you! Nice to hear!
Everything is much more complicated here, the Witch, in order to save her beloved, made a pact with the devil, she is forced to look for a way to get rid of the pact, as well as save her beloved cat.
We will constantly lose, but our knowledge will remain, we will move the storylines of the characters that come to us, and they, in turn, can then help the witch.
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 10:49:21 AM »

That's an interesting story, trying to get out of a bad contract by manipulating fate and the lives of the people you help. A lot of people can relate. You need to communicate that's the heart of your game in the first 10 seconds of footage so that people who can relate to that theme are interested in trying the game.

Edvard_dante
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 10:52:02 AM »

I think that I will draw another cartoon teaser that will tell us more about the pact with the devil, I have 2 months to do it)
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2023, 05:05:38 AM »

I like the concept, looking forward to hear more during development!

Edvard_dante
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2023, 10:43:27 AM »

I will try to update the theme as often as possible!
Edvard_dante
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2023, 02:09:29 AM »

Small update:
We have added several new characters and expanded the storyline.
We are also currently making changes to the interface and the end-of-game window.
Making our Bobby the cat interactive. Now you can iron it!

I add Three characters, these are:

Miner
Vampire Hunter
Guard captain.
Why do you think they came to the witch?
Steam
Edvard_dante
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2023, 03:28:11 AM »

Update: 0.3.3
The Man in Black: The most mysterious character, the one with whom we entered into a contract and must supply souls to him.

What's new:
-Added the effect of the start of the game, the exit from the darkness, the outbreak of fire in the cauldron, sparks.
-Added the effect of the end of the game in the form of dimming by dark matter, as well as an icon that indicates the end.
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2023, 10:12:22 AM »

These characters are impressive!

Edvard_dante
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2023, 02:38:06 PM »

Dev update:
We're hard at work getting demo ready for Steam fest

Some of the new features include:

- Hints that let you know which scales will change
- Ingredients description section in your grimoire, for those insufferable know-it-all witches.
- Unique effects for successfully made potions.
- Epic burst of fire to firestart the game.
- Bobby the Cat can now be interacted with. He is also in charge of your money.
- A new location - Dark Forest (you can see it in the video).

Thoughts, opinions, ideas and gameplay improvement suggestions are welcome.

Beer!
Edvard_dante
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2023, 12:08:23 AM »

If my game was the darkest dungeon
Add to wishlist! https://store.steampowered.com/app/2251010/The_Witchs_Cauldron/
Edvard_dante
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2023, 08:21:04 AM »

Lets take a closer look at what being a witch in our game is actually like:

Every day petitioners come - some seek cures for their ailments, some are simply curious and some may have sinister agendas of their own.
Potions you choose to brew influence future events. You begin knowing only a couple of basic recipes, but by experimenting with mixes you can unlock new ones. Certain NPCs can also offer valuable tips and hints. No matter what gruesome end you've met in your last game, you get to keep all unlocked recipes.
The multitude of potions and plot twists ensure high replayability. Some recipes, game mechanics and endings become unlocked only when certain conditions are fulfilled (like beating the main story or getting some game-ending events).
[Изображение]
Well then, what's it going to be, eh? How to get your game wishlisted if you're a nobody with zero budget? Share your experiences and push that wishlist button on Steam!
Edvard_dante
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2023, 08:23:19 AM »

Lets take a closer look at what being a witch in our game is actually like:

Every day petitioners come - some seek cures for their ailments, some are simply curious and some may have sinister agendas of their own.
Potions you choose to brew influence future events. You begin knowing only a couple of basic recipes, but by experimenting with mixes you can unlock new ones. Certain NPCs can also offer valuable tips and hints. No matter what gruesome end you've met in your last game, you get to keep all unlocked recipes.
The multitude of potions and plot twists ensure high replayability. Some recipes, game mechanics and endings become unlocked only when certain conditions are fulfilled (like beating the main story or getting some game-ending events).

Well then, what's it going to be, eh? How to get your game wishlisted if you're a nobody with zero budget? Share your experiences and push that wishlist button on Steam!
Edvard_dante
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2023, 06:51:40 AM »

I'm slowly trying to draw a cartoon teaser for this game, I will take part in the demo game festival on steam
Edvard_dante
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2024, 12:20:36 AM »

I haven't looked here for a long time! But I have important news, my first game has finally been released!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic