Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

April 30, 2024, 06:46:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingA Bedtime Story for Levi
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A Bedtime Story for Levi  (Read 1237 times)
LinsonLime
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 20, 2023, 04:39:21 PM »

Download: https://linsonlime.itch.io/a-bedtime-story-for-levi

A Bedtime Story for Levi is an adventure game with no combat.

I've been working on it for about 6 months, and I'm very excited to finally release it!
I'd love to hear what you think, positive or negative!

flowerthief
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 12:43:20 PM »

It has a nice dreamlike atmosphere. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do. There's a red door that he won't go in, some mini-games(?) that can't be effectively played (unless blue cat teaches how to play without a controller?), and other mysteries.
LinsonLime
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 11:54:52 AM »

It has a nice dreamlike atmosphere. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do. There's a red door that he won't go in, some mini-games(?) that can't be effectively played (unless blue cat teaches how to play without a controller?), and other mysteries.

Hey, thanks for trying the game! Coffee
It means a lot, even if you weren't able to finish it.
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2023, 07:59:45 PM »

Hey LinsonLime,

- I Really like what you did with the dialogue text.  It's so dynamic and does a great job of showing emotions.
- The intro hooked me.  Probably because I've had the same feelings Levi does about great games.
- I see the puzzle where you have a jump a character over a gap using a giant controller.  I couldn't figure it out
- I made my way to the arcade first.  I played the games, talked to everyone, and left.
- I found Blue Cat.  They are adorable.
- I found the tennis game with a locked door.  Played twice and gave up.
- I went downstairs and found a giant white creature.
- I found the clock and the Bazinga door.
- I assume the key to progressing is in the arcade.  I was getting a little bored at this point so I turned it off.

Overall it was cute.  Walking simulators aren't really my type of game, but I bet there will be people who really enjoy it.
LinsonLime
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2023, 01:46:42 PM »

Hey LinsonLime,

- I Really like what you did with the dialogue text.  It's so dynamic and does a great job of showing emotions.
- The intro hooked me.  Probably because I've had the same feelings Levi does about great games.
- I see the puzzle where you have a jump a character over a gap using a giant controller.  I couldn't figure it out
- I made my way to the arcade first.  I played the games, talked to everyone, and left.
- I found Blue Cat.  They are adorable.
- I found the tennis game with a locked door.  Played twice and gave up.
- I went downstairs and found a giant white creature.
- I found the clock and the Bazinga door.
- I assume the key to progressing is in the arcade.  I was getting a little bored at this point so I turned it off.

Overall it was cute.  Walking simulators aren't really my type of game, but I bet there will be people who really enjoy it.

Thanks for playing the game!

Throughout development I was worried that this very specific feeling I was making the game around was just a *me* thing, so it's nice to hear someone else empathizes with the themes of the game a little.

You're right that progression is done through the arcade. That seems to be the point where most people get stuck. With hindsight, I wish I had more people playtest prior to release to try and smooth that area out. Oh well!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic