Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 02:07:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCool People Club - A 3D Bullet Hell Adventure!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cool People Club - A 3D Bullet Hell Adventure!  (Read 896 times)
coolturtle
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2023, 11:50:59 PM »

what up tigsource forums!!!    Cool

i am cool turtle, here to present my game, cool people club.

WHAT IS IT
cool people club is a 3D bullet hell.  3D bullet hell isn’t really something that I’ve seen done before, and I wanted to contribute something to the bullet hell genre.  in the game, you can dodge bullets by going forward/back, left/right, and by jumping over them.

there are a few characters, each with their own ‘quirks’ - they have different collisions, and different special skills (one can dash, one can hover) - to balance them out.

THE STORY
the 3 main characters - plate, duck, and sock - find themselves thrown into a contest, the winner of which gets to make a wish!  are they in over their heads?  or can you lead them to victory?!?!   Well, hello there!

LINK TO GAMB
https://coolturtle.itch.io/cool-people-club-demo

FEEDBACK
do you think it’s too hard?  too easy?  does my programmer art melt your eyeballs?  your feedback is welcome!

P.S.
I know I’m posting a demo build of a finished game, but any feedback would be super helpful!  i’m kicking around other game ideas with the cool people club, so to know what a player thinks of this would be hella valuable.
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 07:34:02 PM »

Hey coolturtle,

I played your game

What I liked:
- The cut scene at the start is very good
- I like the aesthetic
- Combat is fun
- I like the variety of attacks and the different ways they work.  It seems silly to have 2 moves that just do attack damage.  I will just choose the one that is easier to execute.  Maybe add some variety to what the move does.
- I really like how each enemy has a theme and their attacks match the theme.

What could use work:
- If an object gets in between my character and the camera it's hard to see
- Plate's special ability is a high jump.  But it doesn't feel much higher than the other characters
- Plate's insult attack was really hard to execute.  I never used it a second time.
- When I'm attacking the enemy it feels week.  The characters need some animation to show impact.
- I accidentally selected use item and I couldn't find a way to back out of the menu

Overall I had fun.  Nice job!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic