Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411513 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 01:45:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAsternova - A 2D collect 'em up in space with procedurally generated levels
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Asternova - A 2D collect 'em up in space with procedurally generated levels  (Read 870 times)
BraveTraveller
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2023, 12:20:48 AM »

Hey folks!

This is Asternova, a 2d collect 'em up set in space with procedurally generated levels. This prototype has been in the works for about a year and I'd love to get people's general impression of the game.

Asternova is a Collect 'Em Up with procedurally generated levels. Play as the space-faring Mole Cris, as she flies around, explores and excavates the Planetoids in each level. Her goal is to find all the Aster Jewels she can while collecting as many minerals as possible along the way.

I've set up an itch page so you can download, this also has more info on the game: https://bravetraveller.itch.io/asternova

Sidenote: I realise that the onboarding isn't great right now, I'll implement better onboarding in future.

Have fun! I plan to take any relevant feedback from here and implement it when I can to make the game as enjoyable as possible.

Some screenshots for good measure:

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 07:00:54 PM »

Hey BraveTraveller,

I played your game

What I liked:
- I love that I'm a mole.
- The animations look good.
- The planet hopping mechanic is fun.  I also like running around the planets.

What could use some work:
- The info dump about the controls at the start of the game was a bit overwhelming.
- When I attack I turn into a drill.  It implies that I will be invincible.  Enemies can still hit me though.
- When in space the spinning controls are very confusing.  I was using a keyboard.  There seems to be a point where the left and right controls flip.
- I wasn't able to finish a level, I died every time.

I really liked the mechanic of digging through the planet.  I feel like it has more potential.  If you made it harder to turn while underground it would give walking around the planet more significance and make it feel more like a puzzle.  Also, you could have an enemy that can only be hurt from underneath.

Overall I liked it.  I look forward to seeing how it improves
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic