Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:36:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMine 'N Run
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mine 'N Run  (Read 1541 times)
GorEldeen
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2023, 05:31:44 AM »

Hello there, I'm very new to this, So forgive me if i miss some details or doing something worng

Please test my game, It is just a simple prototype to check (World generation, Bulding objects, Breaking objects)
I'm planning on adding more new things, And hopefully this is a fitting community for this game   Concerned

Controls

WASD : Movement

Left mouse button : Action

Right mouse button : Build

Download Links:

Android:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13VYx436Qrx9HegdzXW8iDwmTXrLA7E9y/view?usp=sharing

Linux:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15v5VxYWuyVgHuvJOqrV3qqiPvGZosVS9/view?usp=sharing

Windows:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QdpnOXNnMBELPrpLiWyt4pahSOSO795f/view?usp=sharing

GorEldeen
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 04:10:25 AM »

If I may, it might help to post a few screenshots of your game, and to give a bit of a summary of it. That might help to catch the attention of people browsing the thread, and to give them an idea of what sort of experience the game might provide.

This last may reflect more on me than on your game, but I might suggest posting it on a site like itch.io: I know that I'm very wary about downloading things from arbitrary Google Drives...

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 06:46:34 PM »

Hey GorEldeen,

I tried your game.

It's a good start.  Everything ran well and I didn't see any major bugs.

I wasn't able to destroy anything.  Even the stumps I placed down. 

The grey blocks.  I assume they are rocks?  They were a bit hard to understand at first.

I'm right handed.  I like to hold the mouse in my right hand.  It would be nice if I could control the character using WASD with my left hand.

Again, it's a good start.  I look forward to seeing how it improves
GorEldeen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 02:04:00 PM »

If I may, it might help to post a few screenshots of your game, and to give a bit of a summary of it. That might help to catch the attention of people browsing the thread, and to give them an idea of what sort of experience the game might provide.

This last may reflect more on me than on your game, but I might suggest posting it on a site like itch.io: I know that I'm very wary about downloading things from arbitrary Google Drives...

Hello Thaumaturge, Indeed i was missing some key things i should have setup before posting, But as i said i'm really new to this, Thank you so much for your feedback it helped a lot <3

GorEldeen
GorEldeen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2023, 02:10:22 PM »

Hey GorEldeen,

I tried your game.

It's a good start.  Everything ran well and I didn't see any major bugs.

I wasn't able to destroy anything.  Even the stumps I placed down. 

The grey blocks.  I assume they are rocks?  They were a bit hard to understand at first.

I'm right handed.  I like to hold the mouse in my right hand.  It would be nice if I could control the character using WASD with my left hand.

Again, it's a good start.  I look forward to seeing how it improves

Hello there jbarrios, Thanks for your feedback!

The ability to break stumps is actually a bug i have encountered during development, The reason is the Input system i'm using which also effected the controls of the player movement, You actually should be able to use WASD to move, But it seems like the bug is still there, I will be re-building the game from ground up with a new engine that should be good enough to stop these bugs, I'll notify you when i finish it!  Grin

GorEldeen
ciriacolettiere
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2023, 03:55:23 AM »

Hi!

Decided to try your game too. Interesting what's the idea behind it - I still don't get it Smiley

I read that you're planning to rebuild the project. If it's useful to you in the future - my WASD controls don't work either.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic