Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 07:43:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBloodlust 2: The Secret of Santa Monica - 2D point & click adventure
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bloodlust 2: The Secret of Santa Monica - 2D point & click adventure  (Read 956 times)
EmanuelMontero
Level 1

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2023, 10:08:27 AM »

​​​Hi everyone! I'm excited to share the first demo of my point & click adventure game, Bloodlust 2: The Secret of Santa Monica. The game is set in the universe of Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines and follows a new protagonist as she uncovers the mysteries of the night in the city of Santa Monica.​

I've been working on the game for a few months now using Unity 2020.3 and PowerQuest. My goal is to release the game for free on itch.io. I'll be posting updates regularly, so stay tuned for more details on Bloodlust 2: The Secret of Santa Monica!

Thanks for playing!

PS: Here are the links to my two previous attempts at making a demake of Bloodlines, in case you're interested.
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=66519.0
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=70899.120
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 07:19:24 AM by EmanuelMontero » Logged
Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2023, 02:36:18 AM »

Glad to see you are stil working on this game
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2023, 02:25:58 AM »

Cool, also glad to hear you are back cracking on this!

EmanuelMontero
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 10:49:58 PM »

Thanks for your support! I've been using new tools and making a lot of progress. PowerQuest is a fantastic point-and-click adventure plugin based on Unity. I'm currently addressing feedback to eliminate bugs and improve some of the puzzles. Looking forward to sharing more updates soon!
EmanuelMontero
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 08:13:50 AM »

Bloodlust is back with version 0.4! https://emontero.itch.io/bloodlust-the-secret-of-santa-monica

Our favorite point & click adventure demake of Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines is back with a hilariously long list of tiny and unnecessary updates:

1. Know your controls. There's a new in-your-face popup when the game starts showing all the game controls. It's basically just left click and a couple of optional buttons, nothing fancy, but the first playtesters were a bit confused about the controls so here you go.
    2. No more pixel-hunting! Some players were missing small objects because of the dreadful pixel-hunting. Now you can use the magnifying glass to highlight all those pesky little things hidden in the dark. As always, you can hold TAB to highlight them more easily.
    3. Speedrunners of the world, it's your chance to shine! Double-click doors to avoid Ash's tediously slow walking animations. Now you can cross Santa Monica in just a few seconds.
    4. All character portraits now talk and blink with procedural lip-sync. Also, there's a typewriter effect for maximum RPG effect.
    5. Jack's got a ton of new questions, comments and nonsensical dialogues. Also, he's experiencing a relentless wandering behavior similar to Max's phychotic walkarounds in Sam & Max: Hit the Road.
    6. Fixed some puzzles involving Roberta and Miss Webster quests. I hope you like the new puzzle interactions better.
Rewritten intro "cutscene" with more jokes and a total lack of character animations.
    7. Some players were missing the entrance to the parking lot in main street. Now the entrance is much clearer.
    8. Also, Santa Monica traffic in main street has improved with pseudo-random animations and ambient sound effects.
    9. Unlock the ultra-secret summer skin: Baywatch Ash! I'm probably adding more customes and unnecesary skins in the future.
    10. The game can't save on the browser so I've disabled game saving on itch.io popup.
    11. If you want to save your progress, just download the Windows version. It's free.

Stay tuned for more exciting updates in future devlogs. Thanks for playing!

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2023, 11:46:31 PM »

This is big update. Gj
negator2vc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2023, 03:11:46 AM »

Glad to see you are stil working on this game!
Using an adventure game tool like PowerQuest is a wise choice.
This way you can focus on your game without being distracted by engine bugs!

The game link to itchio is broken

It possible to make it possible to show the dialog text at once (maybe an option in settings)?

Also the scrolling text in dialogs as it is implemented right now is quite weird.
it directly skip to next dialog text even if the previous one haven't finished showing
when the player left click.
Usually the first left click automatically show the full text
and the next one skip to next dialog text.

EmanuelMontero
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2023, 07:33:17 AM »

You're right, PowerQuest is a great tool and it's probably the best choice for making point & click adventures. It's super easy to use and it runs on Unity so you can extend everything as needed.

I'll fix the typewriter effect in the next update to make it more snappy. Also I'd like to try more effects on the character portraits and maybe more unlockable skins. Let's see how much I can fit into the following update. Thanks a lot for the feedback!
Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2023, 06:12:25 AM »

Anymore news?

I hope this project is still alive
EmanuelMontero
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2024, 09:23:08 AM »

Wow! It's been a very long time without updates, sorry about that. This last year I have been developing the game slowly but steadily. After making several backgrounds with the new pixelart style I realized that it was very time consuming so I decided to bring back the original retro style. In fact, I brought back the original puzzles as well and I have been practically remaking the original adventure in PowerQuest so much that I've renamed the game "Definitive Edition".

The PowerQuest engine has been very convenient and allows me to test and tweak the puzzles until they are just right.
Here are some screenshots and a summary of all the changes I've made to the game during this last year.

DONE:
  • Updated Unity 2021 and PowerQuest
  • Updated pixelart palette
  • Import all pixelart: characters, background, inventory items
  • Add seven playable characters
  • Animate character portraits talking: NPCs and player characters
  • Add character selection screen
  • Add RPG skills and skill books
  • Add all dialogues for NPCs and player characters

SCREENSHOTS:

Pages: [1]
Print