Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:13:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDeath Race - Topdown cars with guns (soundless demo/alpha)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Death Race - Topdown cars with guns (soundless demo/alpha)  (Read 866 times)
DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: April 25, 2023, 04:05:11 PM »

[DIRECT DOWNLOAD FROM GITHUB] (Windows)
(or visit github first)

Hello all.

I wanted to share what I've been working on lately. Any kind of feedback will be appreciated.

Menus are barely tested, numbers are wild, there are only few tracks, no choice of weapons, and it can all be "completed" much faster than a hypothetical "final game". Also it might stutter a bit after the first race starts.

I hope you have fun. ;)

More about the project
Once upon a time, there was a short story. Which inspired, in 1975, a video-cabinet game, and a movie. Later, another movie. And another game. And another movie. A sequel to the game. A sequel to the movie - the second one. Then a game based on the second movie. And now I'm remaking the game. The first one - oops, no, the second one actually.

And not remaking, more of a tribute really. ;) Or maybe what its sequel should have been? I'd say my main genres are shooters and RPGs, but I also grew up with old Rockstar games - like GTA... or Death Rally. So I play these retro loves, once in a year or so.

One reason is that all car-racing developers chase realism. Which makes sense. Except that from gameplay's point of view, realistic suspension changes everything. In a way that I don't like. I had fun with Micro Machines like every other kid back then, but fact is that I already missed the 2D driving model - and I'm not talking about jumps or flips, the cars simply handle bit differently in every situation.

The project was originally a group effort actually. But it ended up being almost entirely me (I will not bother you with bitterness), except for some of the models in game (eg. all vehicles except the first one) which were provided by my friends, who are still helping me with this.

I don't mind carrying the project, as it is close to my heart, however I still need to meditate on this. And rest a bit, 'cause I was pushing it to a "demo" state rather obsessively. ;) I am satisfied with it tho', for the most part. And there is a todo-list. For when I'm ready to pick it up.

Thank You for reading.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 05:18:52 AM by DarkGran » Logged
spectrobyte
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 11:38:45 PM »

Wow, I'm impressed Smiley This is really a good looking and making game, resemble me a classic GTA 1,2. I think you can add weapons, cars customizations, network and that's it a new great game. I had a idea to make some racing game and I thought it would be a game with same graphics. Unfortunately, the game only for windows, I played through wine emulator and I had a lot of lags, maybe you could make a build for linux?  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic