Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 05:01:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralPlease, reddit help.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Please, reddit help.  (Read 3961 times)
Gunroar:Cannon()
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: May 09, 2023, 04:44:38 AM »

I don't know where else to get help, so I think here is a pretty good place to ask.

I joined reddit about a month ago and I have, like, 0 karma points. Verified Email, verified I'm not a bot. To ask questions about how to get karma needs karma to post? To make comments also need karma? A bot replies to PMs I send to mods for help saying I don't have enough karma to send a PM?? Tiger

Only one post I've ever made was seen and that was s comment in this brogue forum post

Any way to get karma/actually post?

The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

https://hmmmgames.itch.io

How to be saved
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 07:17:58 AM »

I'm not sure what kind of gatekeeping they set up there, but different subreddits have different rules about how to post with low karma.

Can you post comments? I got blocked from posting in memes because I hadn't posted comments. What's your username, I'll follow you if that helps, idk if it does.

one weird thing I noticed, your post you linked to says ww.reddit.com as opposed to www.reddit.com, I assume this was a typo. Weirdly, in ww.reddit.com there is a different user interface and also I have a different amount of karma. A bizarro world if you will.

Secondly, I think there is something else at play because I cannot see your profile. There is some kind of hoodoo going on here. I'll try to find a subreddit to post in to see what they say.

Some links say your account was suspended?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 07:23:22 AM by michaelplzno » Logged

Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 08:55:08 AM »

I use ww. sometimes because of internet speed where I am is slow sometimes (ww, old, og and who knows what else instead of "www" will load old reddit).

My user name is gunroar_cannon, and for real. Now what caused account suspension for an account I've barely used? Sigh. Reddit.

Edit: It says it should tell me through a PM why I got suspended...but...no PM. Resort's weird.

How to be saved
DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 10:34:40 AM »

How to start on reddit:

Make a new account but do it 15 years ago.

No seriously it's a damn Purgatory. I say that about starting in Blender too but this ain't even worth the work. Roll Eyes Tongue
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 01:59:52 PM »

Heheh. Too bad I don't have a time machine No No NO

I also tried to sign up to quora a while ago, because why not, and then I got permanently banned for making a comment. Things these days. Wow.

And that reddit thing, it doesn't show the red banner and warnings it said it should show when I'm suspended. What the heck Wizard

How to be saved
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 02:06:47 PM »

did you post anything ban worthy? I got in trouble for saying I have size issues because that was sexual content once.

Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2023, 04:23:46 PM »

Nope, just posts about roguelikes. I did then join r/FreeKarma4U not knowing it was NSFW XD... but that was after I knew none of my posts showed.

For example of some of reddit weird shiz, as of this time I'm the only comment on this post

When offline it shows one post is made but I can't see the post?? It feels like reddit is ignoring me on purpose.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 04:32:25 PM by Gunroar:Cannon() » Logged

How to be saved
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic