Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 04:44:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIgnition Duel Racing
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ignition Duel Racing  (Read 3523 times)
giovz481
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2023, 05:41:52 AM »

Hello everyone!

I still doesn't have a name for my game. It is still in early stages of development and ideas, but i wish to share with you all this progress. It comes to a 2d racing game, like a platform game, with realistic physics. The ideia is to evolve this game to get a mobile game working on Android OS, with maybe 3d graphics (despite the 2d physics, but I have some ideias on this), and multiplayer (still no ideia on how to achieve this).

Here are the current progress of it. Now it is running on Java desktop, but my next step is to porting it to Android.

(this is the third video of it on youtube, but from now I will post here he same way as on youtube).

« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 02:01:59 PM by giovz481 » Logged

giovz481
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2023, 04:34:33 PM »

Hi everyone!

I have a new update of the progress of my game. I sucessfully ported the code do LibGDX, and now my game have 3D graphics (very basic models yet). It can run on Linux and Windows desktop, as well in Android platforms!

Here is the video with a preview of it:

The next step is to clean some things in the code, correct some bugs, and put some cooler models for the car and the terrain.

dangerz
Level 0

~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 07:23:16 PM »

This looks fun, good luck!

giovz481
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2023, 11:36:02 AM »

Hello all!

I successfully imported to the game a 3D model of a more realistic vehicle. I also added texture UV mapping to the terrain, and the terrain also have physics properties (like friction and bouncing) associated for each part.

Hope you like!

mtorc1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2023, 01:52:04 AM »

Your project looks very cool. It's very interesting how you can switch between the 2d and 3d visualization of the scene. I'd be interested in updates on your game : )
giovz481
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2023, 04:04:30 AM »

Your project looks very cool. It's very interesting how you can switch between the 2d and 3d visualization of the scene. I'd be interested in updates on your game : )

Thank you for the reply! Soon I will have new updates!

giovz481
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2023, 03:46:41 PM »

New update!

I put a background terrain, that was made with the implementation of a height field using a height map which determines the height of each vertex of the generated mesh. Also I added the controls of the car, like the accelerator and brake pedals, which can be controlled continuously (not only on or off) with the use of the mouse or touch in the case of a mobile device. I also included an analog speedometer.

Hope you like!

giovz481
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2023, 04:20:20 PM »

Hello!

New update of my game! Now there is an opponent car, controlled by an machine learning model!

It is a supervised learning algorithm, I saved the data of myself driving the car, with parameters like for example the speed of the car, angle, and distance of contact of each raycast. These data were recorded in runtime and stored in order to offline training a supervised model using python, and then exported the model to java using sklearn-porter.

mtorc1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2023, 12:56:54 PM »

Oh, a machine learning based opponent. I really like that.
In the video you provided the green and red lines indicate the inputs for the machine learning algorithm, right? I am not sure whether the approach of "sensor rays" is optimal for the given setting.
Maybe using a description of the current (and upcoming) slopes plus altitude and rotation of the car would lead to improved behavior.
giovz481
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2023, 07:27:53 AM »

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, these sensor rays (that detect the distance and angle of the point of contact) are some of the inputs of the model.  But I used also some variables like the speed of the car, angle of rotation, and its variation in time, the angular speed. I liked your suggestion of using a description of the upcoming slopes. Actually the sensors are a tentative to detect this, but your suggestion made me think if there is any better alternative.

giovz481
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2023, 01:42:05 PM »

New update!

I created some obstacles to add more fun to the game.

There are until now four types of obstacles: a shape with free rotation and translation, a shape with a fixed point with a joint which allows rotation, a hanging bridge, and a bridge with has parts that can fall when an object hits. The obstacles are objects with parameters that can be changed easily and spawned anywhere on the game. I made a lane system where the objects can only interact with their respective lane (first, second or any).
There is also a "mud" property on the terrain, which makes difficult to move the car.

giovz481
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2023, 10:13:13 AM »

Hi all!

I made a important advance on my game. Now the car's engine has sound, based on its rpm and acceleration. Also I added three important objects to the game, the engine, transmission and clutch. The transmission  gears can be controlled by the player if it wants to. The clutch is controlled automatically. I used Box2D joints to put it all together and I am very impressed with the results, it is very realistic and stable, even with multiple joints in series.

The sound is generated using two recorded samples (one for low and other for high rpm), and they are mixed in real time, based on vehicle's rpm. The engine also has some parameters like idle rpm, cutting rpm, and maximum torque.

I have added also a minimap at the top of the screen, so the player can have a high-level view of the track and its position as well as its opponent position.

giovz481
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2024, 03:13:22 PM »

Hello! New Update!

In this video I show the addition of a particle system and different sounds of tire contact and skid with the ground. There are different particles and sounds for asphalt, dirt road, snow and mud. Also I added smoke effect for the engine when the temperature is high.

I implemented a simulation of fuel consumption and motor temperature, which are shown within the new two gauges added.

I also gave a name to my game. It is called Ignition Duel Racing.

Follow also on instagram! https://www.instagram.com/ignitionduel/

giovz481
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2024, 03:15:34 PM »

Some graphic improvements!

mtorc1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2024, 04:34:25 AM »

The texture blending looks great. It's really nice to see the project progressing. Will there be a demo soon?
giovz481
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2024, 05:49:26 AM »

The texture blending looks great. It's really nice to see the project progressing. Will there be a demo soon?

Thanks mtorc1! The progress is a bit slow, but I am trying to launch a demo at least at the middle of the year!

giovz481
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2024, 10:22:33 AM »

Currently I am working a bit more focused on the game brand and social media. Here is the final version of Ignition Duel logo!

giovz481
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2024, 01:43:26 PM »

Added to the shader atmospheric scattering on clean wheater and snow.

giovz481
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2024, 02:01:39 PM »

Added buildings and vegetation to the scenery!

giovz481
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2024, 07:10:06 AM »

An overview of graphics improvements that have been made! It includes the smooth transitions of different types of terrain and normals smoothing. For the heightmap there is a texture mixing which mixtures the plain texture with the slope texture. There was also implemented in the shader the atmospheric scattering based on the distance.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic