Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:45:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMonocular Odyssey - puzzle game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Monocular Odyssey - puzzle game  (Read 1163 times)
suggo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 14, 2023, 04:34:35 AM »

Hi everyone. Been a while since I jumped on the forums here but wanted to see what people think of this puzzle game I've been working on. I put a demo up on itch and plan on selling it there once I'm done. Would love some feedback on the level designs and difficulty curve and anything else people might notice.

Thanks Beer!

Download the demo here https://suggo.itch.io/monocular-odyssey

nimbostratus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 05:37:49 PM »

There are parts of this I love (particularly the perspective changing puzzles) and the puzzles start out good. The level of difficulty doesn't seem the same from level to level. For example you introduce the sliding block, then the next level was just two sliding blocks which I feel could have been cut from the level roster. The next level I think was a slide block and normal block that didn't need perspective change. The level I stop playing at was when it had a slide block and a normal block with perspective change. I feel having the helper on this level would make it work.

I would also add a place that the level name appears constantly as apposed to just once at the start. I would love to give you better feedback on specific levels but I have forgotten the names.
suggo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 01:05:05 AM »

Thanks for the feedback. I think you are right about the level name being useful to have on at all times, I might try move it to a corner and keep it active.

I have been a bit concerned about the level progression like you said the two sliding blocks level could probably be cut because it doesn't add much more.

Thanks again for playing, I appreciate it.

ciriacolettiere
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2023, 03:59:57 AM »

Hi!

The game looks great to me. Especially the idea with the main menu. I'd suggest you add the ability to drop blocks outside the level in the later stages of the game. That would make the game even more interesting, in my opinion.

Thanks
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic